My name gets truncated on my Swiss Travel Pass, is that a problem?

• Shaan Shah
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 May 2024 at 16:04:49 #1496861

Hi,

My name is Shah Shaan Rajeshkumar, I recently purchased the Swiss pass, I believe due to the character restrictions, my name on the pass appears as Shah ShaanRajeshkuma (missing the last alphabet) is this something which can create an issue? All the other details are matching with my passport. Please reply at the earliest convenience! Thank you

• Anna
    6475 posts
    4 May 2024 at 21:19:45 #1496865

Hi Shah,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

As long as your first name and most of your surname and date of birth match your details on your passport, this should not be a problem. You could just explain to the ticket inspector that you have an extraordinarily long name.

You can find more information about the Swiss Travel Pass here: https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-travel-pass/

Regards,

Anna

Stay informed and inspired with the latest forum discussions e-mailed to you every day. Valuable questions and answers to help with your travel planning.

Shaan Shah
    Participant
    2 posts
    5 May 2024 at 9:46:31 #1496876

Hi Anna,

That’s very relieving to know, thanks for responding.

Shaan

Alpenrose555
    Participant
    399 posts
    6 May 2024 at 3:46:08 #1497286

Hi Shah,

To add to the reassurances already given to you, the last time I bought a Swiss Travel Pass, the email it was attached to contained this text:

“The name field can only hold a maximum of 19 characters, do not worry if your first names and last names do not appear in full and in correct order. This won’t cause any problems with the train conductors.”

Hope this helps further!

Alpenrose

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11460 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.