14 great days Lucerne, Wengen and Zermatt in July

• Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    10 August 2023 at 15:09:40 #830484

Hello everyone, my wife and I have just returned from visiting Europe for a month in July 2023 celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. The trip was a smashing success. Everything written about the beauty and splendor of Switzerland is true. This after action report (AAR) is devoted to our first two weeks in Switzerland. First and foremost, we wish to extend our sincere appreciation to the Swiss Forum Moderators who provided great information and sound counsel that made our trip most enjoyable. We also wish to thank all others who added good information as well. Hopely this AAR can be of use to those who will travel to Switzerland; primarily Lucerne, Wengen and Zermatt. Best wishes, Larry and Diana Olson

• Anna
    6394 posts
    11 August 2023 at 15:32:34 #957210

Hi Swede4Life,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience. This is indeed a very detail report, filled with great tips and information. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures.

Looking forward to the next part.

Regards,

Anna

Annika
    7126 posts
    11 August 2023 at 16:12:37 #957211

Dear Larry and Diana,

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed and valuable trip report! I’m happy that you enjoyed your time in Lucerne, Wengen and Zermatt and that you made excellent use of your Swiss Travel Pass. Your practical tips are very valuable for other travelers. I share your thoughts on leaving early each day to beat the crowds, which is especially worth it in a high-season month like July.

You included beautiful pictures. You were lucky to have shot the Matterhorn reflection on a sunny day and in a pretty windless Riffelsee surface :-)!

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    11 August 2023 at 17:07:14 #957212

Thank you Anna and Annika. Larry

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    17 August 2023 at 16:14:27 #957213

Hi Larry,

Thanks for sharing your trip report and photos. So glad you enjoyed yourselves and all the planning paid off. I fully agree with you about planning early and knowing the options way in advance. Yes, Wengen remains our favourite town too.😁

Looking forward to our trip to Zermatt this coming Nov.

Great details in your trip report and an enjoyable read. 👍🏼

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    18 August 2023 at 9:45:04 #957214

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 April 2024 at 18:23:21 #1354081

The attachment is added to your original post again Larry. Thanks a lot for sending it in.

Richard
    Participant
    7 posts
    11 April 2024 at 3:17:31 #1398126

Your trip report is fantastic. We have a trip planned for June and your report will prove to be very helpful.

Thank you

Richard

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.