Zermatt to Spiez by train, then boat to Interlaken – luggage

• jeryu
    Participant
    6 posts
    19 April 2024 at 9:12:41 #1431368

Hi!

My plan

1. Zermatt to Spiez station (by train)

2. Sightseeing and the same day, from Spiez schiffstation to Interlaken west (by boat)

There is baggage with me (25″ suitcase).

A. I am wondering is there any “lockers” in Spiez schiffstation.

(I know there are lockers in Spiez station). Since I will take boat (schiffstation), it will waste times to store the baggaes in Spiez station (back&forth).

B. Any rule for the baggage for taking boat from spiez schiff to Interlaken west?

It is very appreciated for any reply. Thanks a lot!

Robert

• Anna
    6401 posts
    19 April 2024 at 21:53:21 #1433823

Hi Robert,

You can take your luggage with you on the boat.

There are luggage lockers at Spiez train station but unless you are planning a return cruise, I suggest you take your luggage along with you on the boat to Interlaken. For your information, the Spiez train station is a bit of walk from the Spiez boat landing stage (you can take a bus of course).

Information about boat trips on Lake Thun is available here: https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/boat-lake-thun/

Regards,

Anna

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11150 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.