The train from Geneva to Visp and Zermatt

• pepino
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 May 2018 at 19:16:47 #815704

I need clarification on the train from geneva that goes to visp. When I board the train at the railway station,as I understand it goes to cornavin.Do I stay on the train which will take me to visp, or must. I get off at cornavin and look for a train to visp?

thank you

pepino

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 May 2018 at 22:53:51 #884067

Cornavin and Geneva Station are one and the same.

pepino
    Participant
    6 posts
    3 May 2018 at 23:08:06 #884068

Rockoyster

thank you for responding. So the same train I board in geneva railway station will take me to Visp ?

Thank you

pepino

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 May 2018 at 23:11:06 #884069

If you selected a train that goes direct from Genève to Visp using the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable), yes.

Swissophile
    Participant
    26 posts
    5 May 2018 at 8:08:18 #884070

Hi Pepino,. I am wondering if you are arriving at the airport and that is what you mean by Geneva Station. If so, the answer is still the same. You can get on a through train and do not need to change at Geneva Cornavin. I hope this helps, and enjoy your trip!

pepino
    Participant
    6 posts
    5 May 2018 at 10:53:00 #884071

Hi

Thank you for responding to my question.

yes, I’m flying to Geneva from

Bastia,Corsica. I Don’t know if I will be to catch the train on time. The plane from Bastia arrives at 10:a.m and the train leaves at 10:20 a.m

pepino

thank you

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2018 at 11:49:35 #884072

That’s cutting it a bit fine but there will be another train not too much later if you miss that one,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 15:11:51 #884073

I can almost do that in Zurich with carry on luggage and due to the fact I know the airport so well (and assuming I am coming within the Schengen zone).

But as a tourist with luggage and a foreign passport you won’t make it. But as Rockoyster says there will be another very soon. Use the timetable to plan out the trip and see when your next train will be.

• The thread ‘The train from Geneva to Visp and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.