Interlaken-Montreux: ideas Zweisimmen + short train connection time

• Rspam
    Participant
    7 posts
    20 April 2024 at 21:04:17 #1436290

Hi, we will be traveling from Interlaken to Montreux this summer and wanted to know your opinion about train connections as one option would be ideal in terms of getting to ride the Golden Pass Belle Epoque.  However, I’m worried that the connection could be too tight.  I went on the MOB site and one option it gave was to take the “regular trains” from Interlaken/Spiez/Zweisimmen R 11 6819 6819 to arrive 1159am Trk 6.  You would then need to connect Bell Epoque Trk 5 in 3 min, 1202pm departure for Montreux.   Is this high risk for missing the connection?   I’ll make reservations for the Belle Epoque portion of the trip but not the first part.

Alternatively, we could take earlier train but then have 2 hours of waiting around in Zweisimmen–is there anything to do there around the station?

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11390 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.