Trip report Bernese Oberland in June part 1

• traveljet
    Participant
    390 posts
    10 October 2023 at 9:19:28 #955862

Hi Chrishua,

Glad you found some tips helpful. I suggest you post your question on a new thread so that others will be able to advise you. I have not traveled from Zermatt to Montreux before. However, looking at this journey on the Sbb app, I don’t think you will have issues with platform changes. It’s says Zermatt to Visp. Then Transfer from Visp to Montreux. If you miss the 1st transfer train in Visp, the next connection is only half an hour later.

Have you tried using the Sbb app to chart your trips? It’s something you need to do and it’s very useful.

Again, do open a new thread for your questions as this one is buried deep inside my trip report and many may miss out on assisting you further. Give us an idea of your itinerary as well so it’s easier to suggest or advise 😁

Stay informed and inspired with the latest forum discussions e-mailed to you every day. Valuable questions and answers to help with your travel planning.

Anna
    6449 posts
    10 October 2023 at 16:13:48 #955863

Hi Chrishua,

I agree with traveljet. Please start a new thread so you can get and track helpful feedback from fellow travellers.

You can post here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/rail

Regards,

Anna

Chrishua
    Participant
    12 posts
    11 October 2023 at 6:30:59 #955864

Thank you for your advise 🙂 i’ve actually posted before but just wasnt sure about travelling with big luggages. Will definitely check out the SBB app!

traveljet
    Participant
    390 posts
    11 October 2023 at 8:12:22 #955865

HI Chrishua,

The SBB app is a very important tool, you would have found your answer about the journey transfers from Zermatt to Montreux. Please try it out and explore the options. The SBB app is the first place to go to when seeking an answer about train journeys and transfers.

You can also do a search on a topic before asking a question, just to see whether you can find an answer previously posted. Using “travelling with luggages” or “changing trains” etc.

Go ahead and post your questions on the forum in the new threads which Anna shared earlier – many will be more than willing to help or advise, esp the admins. I know many times we feel awkward having so many questions – but this website is truly a wonderful place where admin and members understand the concerns visitors have and are patient in guiding us through the various topics.

Yolanda
    2469 posts
    11 October 2023 at 11:04:41 #955866

Thank you for your ongoing support for our website and forum Traveljet.

That means a lot.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • The thread ‘Trip report Bernese Oberland in June part 1’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11340 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.