Wengen in July with kids – What and where to eat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 5:39:14 #816265

I will be in Wengen mid-July with kids 13, 11 and 2. I will not have access to a kitchen so any suggestions on what and where to eat which is both cost effective and healthy considering the kids ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 10:28:12 #886535

Hi Arslandar,

I don’t have specific restaurant recommendations in Wengen but if you want to be able to keep costs down and maybe do a picnic or eat in the hotel – take a look at the Coop grocery store for take-out options.

Is there any food in particular you are looking for (or looking to avoid)?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 19:00:50 #886536

Hi Arslander,

As Lucas suggests, picnics in Wengen are always good and cheap as long as the weather is ok. All ingredients available at Coop, or try the local cheese from Chäs Gruebi.

there are also communal barbecue areas available (take your own equipment and just tidy up afterwards) and the Tourist Office can give you directions to those.

Finally, try Sina’s Pizzeria for good value Swiss and Italian dishes.

James

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    29 May 2018 at 0:44:42 #886537

Pizzeria da Sina, as James suggests, is one of my most favorite restaurants in the village. The pizza is fantastic and many other dishes too, including nice salads. It is not cheap but is a good value.

You say you don’t have access to a kitchen so I am assuming you are staying at a hotel? If so, have you looked into Half Board (breakfast + dinner) there? Half Board is usually a stunningly good value.

• The thread ‘Wengen in July with kids – What and where to eat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.