Scenic train from Grindelwald or Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 18:44:35 #816416

Hi,

we are reaching Zurich on 7-06-2018 morning and going To rhine falls from Zurich.

Our stay is in Lucerne so we will be leaving to lucern after rhine falls. Next 2 days we are in Lucerne. One day we would want to go to titlis.

9-06-2018 evening we will reach grindewald next morning we would want to go to jungfrau and then Brienz lake by evening.

Please suggest when can we take one scenic train in our schedule.
    2nd day in Lucerne is not planned and 2nd is grindewald is not planned for anything. Note second day from grindewald we will be going to Basel to catch our flight which is at 5. Second day in Lucerne also we will be leaving to grindewald by evening. So please suggest when can we take one of the scenic train in these days.

• Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    3 June 2018 at 20:48:15 #887226

Another example where much of the information sought is on these pages and in the various previous discussions.

Seems you could be cramming a bit much into the limited time you have available.

I would suggest the Zentralbahn train from Luzern to Interlaken as your scenic trip. There is an easy interchange at Interlaken Ost station to the train to Grindlewald.

The Zentralbahn train passes close to Brienz Lake and offers some very good views.

I would also explore the various local pass options that may assist your planning.

Enjoy your travels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 22:37:34 #887227

Your request is very confused I’m afraid.

All I can say is that if you are travelling Zurich – Luzern and visiting the Luzern area and the Grindelwald area all the trains you will travel on will be scenic in some way

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 5:26:16 #887228

Hi VidyashreeB and welcome to MySwissAlps!

On your free day in Lucerne (or on your free day in Interlaken) you could take the Golden Pass scenic train route to Montreux and back.

For ideas on what to do on your free days in Lucerne look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/lucerne/activiti es
    and around Grindelwald look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/grindelwald/acti vities

• The thread ‘Scenic train from Grindelwald or Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.