Eurail 4 country pass over Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2018 at 12:44:45 #814834

Hello forum,

I don’t know if this question is inappropriate in this forum but need tips as my plan includes travel in four countries including Swiss as below.

London – No extensive travel .Only London underground for 04 days.

Paris – Only Eifell tower

Lucerne 04 days . lucerne lake cruise, Jungfrau, Mt titlis , Gotthard express or similar way to Venice

Venice 02 days . A 01day city tour.

Rome 02days .A 01 day city tour.

My plan is a 07 day London travel card ,

London to Paris (point to point),

Paris to Basel ( point to point) ,

04 days consecutive swiss pass,

Lucerne to Venice (point to point)

Venice to Rome ( point to point)

Just want to know if a 04country pass is economical if not a two country ( swiss and Italy ) would suffice.

Thanks if anyone sheds light on this .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2018 at 17:01:12 #879090

Hi Jagdishmn,

You can find out the most economical pass for your specific plans using our rail pass spreadsheet here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Prices within Switzerland can be found on the Swiss railways timetable here (the first price you see is the half fare price – so double it to get the normal fare).

For point to point tickets to and from Switzerland check out these retailers.

It will all depend on the costs for each train trip that you can find and compared to the discounts available to you with different rail passes.

I would have a feeling a 2 or 4 Eurail Select Pass isn’t going to be worth it as your train travel in the other countries are quite limited. A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass with point to point tickets as you mentioned are probably the way to go BUT doing the math is the only way to know for sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2018 at 16:01:10 #879091

Hi Lucas ,

Am of the same opinion with 04 day swiss pass and point to point tickets as they are more flexible

while making online reservations.

Like2Travel
    Participant
    26 posts
    20 March 2018 at 5:07:34 #879092

I agree with both you and Lucas. You can benefit a lot more in the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, lots of free mountain travels offered in 2018. From the Swiss border to Venice and on to Rome, if you book the point-to-point tickets well in advance, you can get a good deal (if planned well for non-flexible tickets). You can plan staying close to the station at the Swiss border on your last night in Switzerland before heading to Italy. Take care.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2018 at 8:58:02 #879093

Thanks like2travel. would take into account.

• The thread ‘Eurail 4 country pass over Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.