Texas neophyte still trying to finalize Swiss details concerning trip with friends 3rd week of September. Cancelled 4 different trips due to Covid – we stayed healthy thank God. All senior citizens with plenty of European experience but this Swiss trip is unique. The do not miss attractions are the obvious – cruise Lake Lucerne, Mt. Rigi, Jungfraujoch, Trummelbach Falls, Zermatt, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gornergrat Ridge and Zurich Historic District. We love regional cuisine in a beautiful setting PLUS we are wine lovers without substantial Swiss knowledge. Hopefully I have enough flexibility built into itinerary so we can modify because of bad weather. Appreciate your sharing your knowledge.
Arrive Zurich and purchase ticket to Lucerne, Will purchase 6-day first class STP. Will need to purchase the ticket from ZRH to Lucerne (outside of 6 days).
1. What does IR 75, for example, mean?
2. How do we know which cars are first class?
3. We want a STP hard copy as well as one in the cell phone. What seller do you recommend? We want to purchase in the next few weeks.
4. Are the train terminals well marked so we can move rapidly with luggage between the different platforms? We will have several 6–7-minute time frames to contend with.
Staying at the Lucerne Hotel des Alpes.
1. Do we have enough time in the afternoon to cruise Lake and go up to Mt. Rigi? We have a morning Official Guided City Tour.
2. Do you have a preference between: Grotting, Restaurant Geissmatt, Bolero, Bellini Locanda Ticinese, Balances, Rathaus Braueres and Burgerstube? Are reservations required or advised?
Staying at the Belvedere in Grindelwald.
1. Want to visit Jungfraujoch via Eiger Express. Upon departure, to Wengen, Lauterbrunnen and then back to Grindelwald. The Eiger Express, etc. down to Wengen is covered by STP at 25% discount. Do I buy a separate ticket for the discounted portion and then just walk on for the portion covered by STP? I will admit that I am both amazed and confounded by the SBB website.
2. Do you have a preference between: Café 3692, Barrys Restaurant, Bar & Lounge? Lunch at either Wengen Restaurant Baren, Lauterbrunnen Restaurant Weidstubl versus Bergestaurant in Kleine Scheidegg?
Staying at the Julen Hotel in Zermatt.
1. Want to visit Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and Gornergrant Ridge one day. Stroll town.
2. Do you have a preference between: L’Atelier Grand Sire, Restaurant Julen and Bergrestaurant Blatten?
Staying at the Hilton Airport at ZRH.
1. Do you have a preference between: La Pasta, Restaurant Swiss Chuchi and Walliser Keller The Swiss Restaurant?
Thanks again for your help.