10 day itinerary ideas for late May in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 16:23:58 #815580

Hi

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (both 8 years) and are travelling to Switzerland on 28th May for 10 days. Below is our tentative itiniery and would appreciate your thoughts / comments if any. We are considering the 15 days Swiss Pass.

Day 1: Land in Zurich at 10am. Head to Lucerne and stay overnight. Walk around Lucerne chapel bridge and near the lake area.

Day 2: Rhine fall and Zurich city tour (any suggestions for the city tour?). Overnight at Lucerne.

Day 3: Head to Lugano/Melide for Swiss Miniature excursion for a day trip (will Swiss Pass cover this rail journey on the regular train route?) Overnight at Lucerne

Day 4: Swiss Transport Musuem in Lucerne. Overnight at Lucerne

Day 5: Check out early and proceed to Interlaken (staying at Neidderreid Bei Interlaken). Reach Interlaken by 1pm and then after check in proceed to Neiderrhorne by rail. Take trotti bike experience on way back.

Day 6: Proceed to Jungfrouch for a day trip (should i buy the tickets early or should i buy on the same day after checking the weather; also any other mountain to consider as an alternate in this region which is equally fun for kids and has snow on top). Overnight at Interlaken

Day 7: Day free for potentially paragliding activities and Trumbelback falls and / or Aare Gorge in Meiringin (Question: is Trumbelback worth it or should we do Aare Gorge?).Any leads / thoughts on paragliding? Overnight at Montreux.

Day 8: Check out and proceed to Montreux and reach by 12 noon. Spend rest of day on local site seeing (Chillon etc.) Overnight at Montreux.

Day 9: Chocolate train day trip (reservations done). Overnight at Montreux

Day 10: Day trip to Glacier 3000 (is there any other mountain to consider if not to this one?).

Day 11: Proceed to Geneve and then flight back home next day. Anything interesting for kids in Geneva which is a must do for them?

Would really appreciate your thoughts / insights on the above. Thanks all in advance!!

Cheers,

Chintan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 3:57:09 #883476

Hi Chintan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’d be tempted to spend day 2 around Lucerne and perhaps a trip up to Titlis?

I’d look at Schilthorn as a Jungfraujoch alternative as it is nearly as high, nearby… and free with Swiss Travel Pass – but less snow than Jungfraujoch (none to play in).

Check what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Buy your tickets to Jungfraujoch on the day of travel to ensure the weather looks ok.

I liked the Glacier 3000 – trip report here. Another option would be Rochers de Naye.

I’m not aware of any must-sees in Geneva for kids no but I haven’t been there in many years. We have a list of general activities here.

For trip planning be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 10:03:43 #883477

Thank you Lucas. Your feedback is much appreciated!

• The thread ‘10 day itinerary ideas for late May in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.