10 day Switzerland itinerary help, 2 adults 2 kids

10 day Switzerland itinerary help, 2 adults 2 kids

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 10, 2017 - 5:19 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much Arno !! I will check the train schedule. Is it good to buy ticket one day in advance after checking the weather condition ?

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 10, 2017 - 6:46 AM in reply to Arno

What would be your suggestion?

Last modified on Apr 10, 2017 - 6:48 AM by vnaskar
Lucas
Lucas
5555 posts
expert &
Apr 10, 2017 - 7:41 AM in reply to vnaskar

Hi Vnaskar,

Yes, I would buy a ticket either one day before or the day of departure should also be ok (once you see the weather).

Lucas

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thanks a lot Lucas !!

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 4:45 PM

I'm leaving for Switzerland next week and I'm trying to figure out how much Swiss franc in cash shall I keep for the trip (10 days). What is the permissible limit to enter in Switzerland? What are the places where Credit Cards don't work? I assume most restaurants and supermarkets like Migros and Coop accept credit cards?

Annika
Annika
4924 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 11:45 AM in reply to vnaskar

Hi vnaskar,

An amount of CHF100 to CHF200 should suffice. Simply get to an ATM (there are many close to railway stations and in town centers) if you need more. Credit cards are pretty widely accepted indeed, but not in smaller stores and up in the mountains. This page might help: myswissalps.com/swissf ranc.

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 4:03 PM

Thank you very much Annika !!

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 26, 2017 - 7:02 AM

Hello, Is there any Chocolate tour available in Luzern area? If not, any short Chocolate tour in Interlaken?

Lucas
Lucas
5555 posts
expert &
Apr 26, 2017 - 3:24 PM in reply to vnaskar

There is the Swiss chocolate adventure ride located at the Swiss Museum of Transport in Luzern and you get 50% off admission fee with the Swiss Travel Pass.

That is the only one I am aware of in Luzern.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 26, 2017 - 3:26 PM by Lucas
Annika
Annika
4924 posts
expert &
Apr 26, 2017 - 5:26 PM

Hi Vnaskar, there's also the daily chocolate show at restaurant Schuh in Interlaken. Apart from that and the Swiss Museum of Transport mentioned by Lucas, these culinary tours may interest you: myswissalps.com/activi ties/culinarytours. The ones starting from Zurich would be doable coming from Lucerne.

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
Apr 27, 2017 - 9:40 AM

Thank you so much Lucas and Annika !! I will try one of those.

vnaskar
vnaskar
19 posts
May 20, 2017 - 10:58 AM

Thank you very much Annika, Arno and Lucas !! You all have helped me a lot to plan my vacation. I returned from Switzerland last week. We had a very nice vacation there.

Arno
Arno
10352 posts
expert &
May 20, 2017 - 3:36 PM in reply to vnaskar

That's wonderful, great to hear that! If you want to post a trip report to inspire other travelers, please feel free to do so here: myswissalps.com/ forum/tripreports.

Last modified on May 20, 2017 - 3:37 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018