Swiss Museum of Transport
Interactive museum with a massive selection of models and actual cars, trains, planes and much more.
The forum allows you to post your questions and discuss your plans.
What is the Swiss Museum of Transport?
This museum in Lucerne is much more than just a museum explaining about modes of transport. Children will love this interactive museum, and so will adults. A selection of what to expect:
- Model railways, actual steam locomotives, many carriages and a steam powered snow-blower built in 1896;
- Car hall with model cars and actual historic cars, race cars, motorbikes and more. There's a crash test for visitors to experience, and an interactive car theatre;
- Navigation museum about the history of navigation and tourism;
- All about the history of cable cars;
- Plane simulator and helicopter simulator for visitors;
- Aviation museums and several airplanes;
- The Media-Factory explains about modern communication, and allows you to create your own TV commercials to send home;
- The i-factory is an interactive permanent exhibition about computer science and what it means for today's society;
- An exhibition about the Gotthard train tunnel;
- Film theatre with a large IMAX screen, displaying movies about nature and science (an additional entry fee applies);
- The planetarium shows movies about the universe in a large dome (an additional entry fee applies);
- The Swiss Chocolate Adventure allows you to travel in carriages across a world of chocolate, while learning about how chocolate is being made (an additional entry fee applies).