11 day itinerary Lucerne Interlaken Paris Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2016 at 1:33:39 #809732

Hey guys,

I’m planning a 11 day trip to Switzerland/France next March, and it would help a great deal if you guys can review the itinerary and point out any redundancies.

Day 1 – Arrive at Zurich, stay for 1 night

Day 2 – Lucerne, stay for 2 nights

Day 3 – Lucerne, day trip to Mt. Titlis

Day 4 – Interlaken, stay for 1 night (maybe check out Grindelwald)

Day 5 – Bern/Paris, via TGV Lyria

Day 6 to Day 9 – Paris

Day 9 – Paris/Basel, stay for 1 night

Day 10 – Zurich, stay for 1 night

Day 11 – Leave from Zurich

Should we use Lucerne as base for Day 2 to Day 5? It seems easy enough on google maps to train in and out from Lucerne. We also want to go to Zermatt, but I’m not sure how to work that in since it’s so far south, and I don’t want to rush either.

Thank you for your time and input!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 July 2016 at 12:16:13 #854432

Hi mintycat, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

I would leave out the first night in Zurich and the night in Basel, and add those to Lucerne, which is only an hour from Zurich, or to Interlaken. Unless you plan to arrive really late or there’s something specific you want to see in those cities. Both cities are not in the mountains and your time in limited. There is enough to see for weeks around both Lucerne and Interlaken, and you need some slack to be flexible in case of bad weather.

Of course you could also have a more efficient trip if you fly out of Paris instead of going back to Zurich again.

Depending on your expectations, you may want to reconsider Interlaken: it’s a practically centrally located town, but not in the mountains and not particularly scenic. If you prefer an alpine environment you could consider the smaller towns south of Interlaken, like Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren.

• The thread ‘11 day itinerary Lucerne Interlaken Paris Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.