13 days between Zurich and Geneva in December

• Ketoeato
    Participant
    42 posts
    18 August 2022 at 9:51:52 #828121

Hello from Singapore! I’m in the early stages of planning the itinerary (looking at 13 days and 12 nights).

Arrive at Zurich on 4 Dec, and depart from zgeneva on 16 Dec.

Flight tickets are really expensive now! It will cost about Sgd5100 (pre covid would cost around SGD4000) for 2 adults and 1 child. Hence, I am trying to search for the most economical option 😊

The cheapest option so far is arriving at Zurich at 7.50 pm. I would assume that after cearing customs, having a late dinner, we would only be able to leave the airport around 10.30pm? Would there still be trains going to Lucerne? Also concerned that we would lost our way in the dark😂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2022 at 10:32:39 #945787

Hello Ketoeato and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

According to the timetable, there are trains from Zurich Airport to Lucerne until 23:45, after that the next train is in the early morning.

Maybe better to stay in Zurich for the 1st night.

If you are not familiar with the SBB timetable, start here: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

There are also airports in Geneva and Basel – although I am not sure that you can fly there from Singapore.

Ildiko

MySwissAlps.com recommends to read this: Must knows about traveling to Switzerland by plane

Ketoeato
    Participant
    42 posts
    18 August 2022 at 12:21:27 #945788

Dear IIdiko,

Thank you for the information! Will definitely consider the option of staying the first night at Zurich.👍

May I know if the cost of air tickets is not a huge concern, would it be better to fly into Zurich and out of Geneva? Our initial thought was not to do any back tracking in order to save the travel time to the airport, for eg, fly into and depart from Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2022 at 13:48:18 #945789

Hi Ketoeato,

Switzerland is a relatively small country, Zurich – Geneva is only a 3 hrs journey by train.

If you would like to visit the Lake Geneva region (Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux) then flying out of Geneva is a good idea. According to my opinion, the Lake Geneva area is wonderful 🙂

Ildiko

• The thread ‘13 days between Zurich and Geneva in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.