14 day trip to Switzerland end of August

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nikkizand
nikkizand
1 post
Apr 15, 2018 - 4:29 PM

Hi,

We are currently in the process of putting together an itinerary for Switzerland at the end of August. Here is what we have so far:

Departure: August 25th (YYZ-ZRH) - Arrival in Zurich on the 26th

4 Nights in Lucerne

- Old Town, Lake Lucerne, Mt.Pilatus, Zurich, Mt. Rigi

3 Nights in Interlaken

- Brienz, Harder Kulm, Jungfraujoch, Bern

2 Nights in Lausanne

- Lavaux Vineyard, Montreux, Gruyeres

1 Night in Zermatt

- Matterhorn

2 Nights in Lugano

- Lucarno

1 Night in Milan

Departure: September 8th (MXP-YYZ)

If you have any suggestions on how we can make this itinerary better, I would greatly appreciate it!

P.S: The less we transfer hotels, the better!

Thanks.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 15, 2018 - 6:10 PM in reply to nikkizand

Hi nikkizand, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary with us. Overall it looks pretty good. You've planned enough time to explore a lot of the highlights that Switzerland has to offer.

I only have a few suggestions:

1. Interlaken is not the best place to stay. You could have a look at Wengen, Mürren, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. Thun would be an option if you would like to stay closer to the lake.
  2. I would stay in Montreux and not in Lausanne. It's a nicer place, you have easy access to the Lavaux Vineyards and the Golden Pass starts from there.

Have you looked into a rail pass already? If not, please read the following information on our website: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

A tool that you will use a lot to plan your trip in more detail, is the Swiss rails timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Should you have more questions, please do let us know.

Happy planning!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018