1st class Saver Day Pass for boats Lake Thun

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2019 at 16:05:08 #823499

If I have a Half Fare Card ( HFC) and also a SDP for first class, can I sit in the first class in the boat at Lake Thun and Lake Brienz? Willring the I be able to visit the castle during the tour?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 August 2019 at 0:19:48 #920540

<<“f I have a Half Fare Card ( HFC) and also a SDP for first class, can I

sit in the first class in the boat at Lake Thun and Lake Brienz?

Willring the I be able to visit the castle during the tour?”>>

What is an SDP? Which castle and what tour?

On the boats, you can always upgrade to 1st, if you need to.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2019 at 2:37:01 #920541

SDP = Savers Daily Pass.

it will allow me to travel on September 22 in first class from St. Moritz in G. Express and in first class from Brig to Grindelwald same day.

it is good for one day of September 22. I purchased it for 49CHF along with HFC

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 August 2019 at 8:46:07 #920542

Hi Giriheda! Yes, a 1st class Saver Day Pass would allow a 1st class boat ride on Lake Thun that same day. However, it will be challenging to add that to your schedule for September 22, since you’ll be traveling St. Moritz-Brig-Grindelwald before! Please check timetables carefully:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2019 at 12:14:06 #920543

Annika,

I want to buy a separate SDP first class for 25 September just to take Lake thun and Brienz boat ride. I will have my HFC for a month any way.

With SDP first class for 49CHF+ HFC , I should be able to able to sit in the first class on upper deck.

am I correct?

Upon your answer I will buy SDP first class while it is still available. Does the cost benefit work?

on 25th I do not know whether I can squeeze any other activity to take advantage of SDP.

your suggestions are most welcomed

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2019 at 12:46:11 #920544

Hi Giriheda,

I am not sure, I understand your question well, but if you have a Saver Day Pass first class for 25th September you can sit on the first class on the upper deck on that day. Although I am not sure about the price (49 CHF), where have you seen it? Here? http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2019 at 14:49:42 #920545

Annika,

I just checked on SBB web site. The pass price for first class is 82 CHF. It does not make sense to buy SDP first class because with my HFC upgrade from second to first class is 14.50 one way and 24.50 round trip.

So I am better off just to upgrade at the time of buying ticket to the boat cruise at lake Thun .

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2019 at 15:08:47 #920546

Yes, the 49 CHF seemed for me a bit low for a 1st class price. You will enjoying the boat 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 August 2019 at 20:39:00 #920547

<<“because with my HFC upgrade from second to first class is 14.50 one way and 24.50 round trip.”>>

That kind of upgrade is available on theboat, and I think it is a good deal.

I travel with an HFC, and often take that upgrade if I make a long journey and want to eat in the first class restaurant on board.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2019 at 2:41:09 #920548

So finally 8 of us will be in Grindelwald Grund from September 22 to September 28.

1) how do we go from Grund to Jungfrau? Exact route? And while coming back , we like to come via Lautenbrunnen to Grund. Like to visit one of the water falls in Lautenbrunnen. Please suggest

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 September 2019 at 7:28:13 #920549

Gu Guruiheda-Hi Giriheda –

<<” how do we go from Grund to Jungfrau? Exact route? And while coming back

, we like to come via Lautenbrunnen to Grund. Like to visit one of the

water falls in Lautenbrunnen. Please suggest.

“>>

<<“Please suggest”>>

The timetable will suggest specific routes. Please read the instruction here carefully, and make use of the “via” function.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The map linked below will give you exact station names if you need them.

For more information, please look at this page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

This map will make the route of the cog-rail train quite clear:

map.search.ch/?pos=644368,161080&z=32 &poi=zug

Jungfraujoch is just off the bottom of the map. To make the train lines stand out as they do, you must be at zoom level 32 or greater magnification when you view the map.

Staubach Falls are an easy walk from the station in Lauterbrunnen.

There are other falls in the valley. Take the bus toward Stechelberg for the Trümmelbach Falls.

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/experiences/truemme lbach-falls/

As you can see, there are many falls along the valley.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘1st class Saver Day Pass for boats Lake Thun’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.