1st class reservations without Swiss Travel Pass

• Norry
    Participant
    22 posts
    4 July 2019 at 17:36:51 #822656

Hello all,

Just wondering if I’ve messed up in anyway by purchasing 1st class reservations for the Golden Pass without purchasing the STP as yet? every leg of the journey, starting in Lucerne was bought in 1st class. I was planning to buy 2nd class STP. Please advise how to proceed.

Thank you for all your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2019 at 19:52:54 #916925

Hi Norry,

Reservations in first class are only valid with a first class ticket or pass. You can either buy a first class Swiss Travel Pass, or a second class Swiss Travel Pass plus upgrade tickets for the Golden Pass route. That way you can keep you reservations.

For Swiss Travel Pass prices and purchase options, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Upgrade tickets can be purchased in Switzerland.

Norry
    Participant
    22 posts
    4 July 2019 at 21:44:10 #916926

Thank you. May I ask if I buy a 2nd class STP, how do I upgrade the tickets for the Golden Pass route? Or rather where in Switzerland do I buy the upgrade tickets? Thank you

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 July 2019 at 7:08:32 #916927

Hi Norry,

Any staffed train station can sell you the upgrades.

Norry
    Participant
    22 posts
    5 July 2019 at 11:42:36 #916928

Thank you Arno.

• The thread ‘1st class reservations without Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.