2 days free tell pass

• Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    22 November 2016 at 20:14:41 #810383

Hi there. I’ read in your forum that 2 days free tell pass is free in winter 2017. I’ve booked my hotel through booking.com website that is Hotel Monopol Luzern for 2 nights (12.1.17 – 15.1.17) i’ve checked all the hotels listed for the free tell pas and Hotel Monopol Luzerne listed for the free tell pass. I’ve contact the hotel for my free tell pass but they told me that booking.com guest are not eligible for the free tell pass. As far as I know and look through the internet that it doesn’t matter where I book as long as it is not a group booking. So please let me know as aion as possible thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 November 2016 at 21:20:45 #857201

Hi Hafizah,

Apparantly this offer is only for guests booking directly through the hotel. I didn’t know about it either until it was discussed here a while ago. I don’t think the details on the Luzern Tourism site are very clear, but unfortunately this is not available to everyone.

Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    22 November 2016 at 22:19:33 #857202

Hi Arno, thank you for your prompt reply can I buy my tell pass in Switzerland. I prefer to buy there instead of buying online because the price of the ticket is the same whether we buy online on at the station. Can I buy my tell pass at the Zurich airport or at Luzern

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 November 2016 at 8:08:56 #857203

Hi Hafizah,

Points of sale can be found on the Tell-Pass Winter page. If you prefer to buy locally I’d recommend Zurich airport, although waiting times can be longer there. Buying it there allows you to the use the Tell-Pass for part of the trip from the airport to Lucerne. In that case you need an additional ticket from Zug or Baar (depending on where your particular train stops) to Lucerne.

Hafizah
    Participant
    21 posts
    23 November 2016 at 22:34:17 #857204

Hi Arno, can Tell pass be use for my train trip from Lucerne to Basel station

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 November 2016 at 9:07:11 #857205

Hi Hafizah,

No, the pass only covers the region south of Lucerne. Please see the page I referred to in my earlier post and click to the “Where it’s valid” tab.

• The thread ‘2 days free tell pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.