2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 May 2012 at 6:22:49 #837644

[quote]akjay123 said: I am traveling from Delhi to Zurich on may 15th ..will be going to paris same day.
    Will be returning after doing france and germany on Euro rail pass..
    my query is Do i have to activate my Swiss pass from Zurich Airport to Train Staion..as I will travel on Eurorail pass to Paris.
    Further, When I return back to Switzerland from Germany..to St Moritz..I have to chage the trains at Basel and Chur..
    Do i have to travel Swiss pass or on same Eurorail through pass which I will be starting from Germany…
    Please let me as I have to purchase the Swiss pass and I want to count the number of day I will be using..[/quote]

Hello akjay123. If I understand it correctly, the only trip in Switzerland you’ll be making on May 15 is the leg Zurich Airport-Swiss border (probably Basel) on your way to Paris. And I assume you have a Eurail Pass that’s valid in Germany and France only, right? In that case it’s not cost effective to start using your Swiss Pass on May 15 already. You can best buy regular tickets for the leg Zurich Airport-Swiss border and let your Eurail Pass take over once you reach the border. Your Swiss Pass should start when you enter Switzerland from Germany. It will be valid from the first border station (again, most probably Basel – you can check this reviewing the downloadable validity map at the Swiss Pass page and using the timetable to search connections for your trips).

I hope this helps you out. Purchase options for the Swiss Pass are listed in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page. Just fill out your country of residence and further details to select the best reseller.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 9:17:50 #837645

Thanks for a quick reply Annika,

Yes ,you got it correct but now I had a situation again that I didn’t knew about this Swiss border thing..Can I not use my Euro Rail Pass since the train is Direct from Zurich HB to Paris…And I have already taken 1 free on 1 swiss pass which I intent to use when I start back from Germany from Basel onwards… Also let me know ,since I will be having a connecting train from Basel to Chur and have to change at Basel..How to Validate the pass at Basel .

Is this promotion pass has to be used in uninterrupted 4 days in a stretch or I use it any 4 days out of my stay??

I am levying tomorrow..

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2012 at 4:48:14 #837646

Hello Moderators,
    I an travelling to switzerland with my wife on 17th May… just in 2 days… If i buy this offer – 2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass .. do i need to have the physical copies delivered by post ?? Or can i get some thing online which can be used…. ?

Thanks
    Praveen

Annika
    7121 posts
    14 May 2012 at 4:55:08 #837647

[quote]akjay123 said: Thanks for a quick reply Annika,

Yes ,you got it correct but now I had a situation again that I didn’t knew about this Swiss border thing..Can I not use my Euro Rail Pass since the train is Direct from Zurich HB to Paris…And I have already taken 1 free on 1 swiss pass which I intent to use when I start back from Germany from Basel onwards… Also let me know ,since I will be having a connecting train from Basel to Chur and have to change at Basel..How to Validate the pass at Basel .

Is this promotion pass has to be used in uninterrupted 4 days in a stretch or I use it any 4 days out of my stay??

I am levying tomorrow..[/quote]

Hello Akjay. If you already have a pass, it shows the dates on which it’s valid. If you have a regular Swiss Pass, it’s valid on 4 consecutive days. If you purchased a Swiss Flexi Pass, the free travel days don’t have to be consecutive.

So you do have a Eurail Pass for Germany and France only? In that case it’s not valid in Switzerland and you will have to buy a regular ticket covering the leg Zurich-Basel.

Validating your pass has to be done according to the instructions you received along with your pass. A date may already be printed on it and you may only have to fill out your name and passport numbers. Other resellers require you to have the pass stamped by a railway official. You can do so at the railway station of Basel.

Connections and all their details, such as changes of trains (just click the ‘plus’ symbol) can be found through the timetable I mentioned. Have a nice stay!

Annika
    7121 posts
    14 May 2012 at 4:57:35 #837648

[quote]cachmeup said: Hello Moderators,
    I an travelling to switzerland with my wife on 17th May… just in 2 days… If i buy this offer – 2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass .. do i need to have the physical copies delivered by post ?? Or can i get some thing online which can be used…. ?

Thanks
    Praveen[/quote]

Hello Praveen. Yes, the passes are physical documents that will be sent by post. Depending on your country of residence, you may be able to choose a quick delivery option that will allow you to receive your passes in time. Please note that the 2 for 1 offer is not for sale in Switzerland, so it’s worth trying to find an overnight delivery option. Just fill out your country of residence and other data in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2012 at 5:05:43 #837649

Hello Annika,

Thanks for the quick reply.. Since I stay in germany, If i place a order today with Option DHL Express, I can expect to get the Passes atleast by 16th may ? Incase i donot recieve this in time, Do i have any other alternative (or) chance to cancel the order ??

Thanks
    Praveen

[quote]Annika said: [quote]cachmeup said: Hello Moderators,
    Thanks
    Praveen[/quote]
    Hello Praveen. Yes, the passes are physical documents that will be sent by post. Depending on your country of residence, you may be able to choose a quick delivery option that will allow you to receive your passes in time. Please note that the 2 for 1 offer is not for sale in Switzerland, so it’s worth trying to find an overnight delivery option. Just fill out your country of residence and other data in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass page.[/quote]

Annika
    7121 posts
    14 May 2012 at 6:34:08 #837650

Hi Praveen. We mention expected delivery dates in our reseller overview. Just click ‘Show more information’ at the reseller of your choice to see this information. In your case DHL Express might still be too late, as that takes about 3 working days. However, an alternative is to have your passes shipped to your hotel or holiday apartment in Switzerland. STC allows you to fill out a separate delivery and billing address, so that could be a perfect solution. It will save you from having to buy non-discounted passes in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2012 at 14:02:58 #837651

HELLO!

On the Swiss Flexi Pass page it states “free travelling for 3, 4, 5 or 6 days within a period of up to one month. These days do not need to be consecutive. The validity of the Swiss Flexi Pass starts at the first day of free travelling and ends after the last day of free travelling.” BUT I only see listings for 4 day passes.

We will be in Switzerland for 8 days beginning on September 9th. There will probably be at least 2 days when we are not traveling by train or bus. We will always be traveling together. Can we purchase a 2 for 1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass good for 6 days of traveling , non-consecutive?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2012 at 16:36:25 #837652

Hi Daniel,

On the right of the Swiss Flexi Pass page, you can select any of the 3, 4, 5 or 6 day passes and your country to get a list of resellers and prices. The 2-for-1 offer is just for 4-day passes. Please see my initial post for details on that offer.

If you have 2 days without traveling and perhaps 2 days with shorter trips (you’ll get discounted tickets), the 4 free travel days may still suit your needs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2012 at 6:23:37 #837653

hi
    Which is the best pass to take for 2 adults?
    Our journey from 3rd june.
    Is it possible to take a 2 for 1 ticket?

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 June 2012 at 7:45:16 #837654

Hello openatprabu. I can’t answer that question now, as that depends on so many factors. I think you can best do some research first, by carefully reading the details on Swiss rail passes and the general guidelines for choosing the right one in our FAQ. Once you have more specific information, you’re of course welcome to get back with your questions. As for the 2 for 1 offer: the first post of this topic describes when and how it can be used.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2012 at 1:15:47 #837655

Hello there, can you confirm what discount one can get if I have a swiss 4 day flexipass for travel from Paris to a main train station in Switzerland. I seem to think that I read it somewhere.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 June 2012 at 6:58:03 #837656

Hi tommy19990,

The Swiss leg of the trip would be free on a free travel day of the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or 50% discounted on another day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2012 at 18:22:09 #837657

Dear Madam/Sir,
    I would like to buy the 2 for 1 promotion sale pass.. However, when I opened the website, I’m not really understand what does it mean… get a free pass with travelling dates between 01/09 to 30/11/2012?

Does that mean that if I bought the pass 2 for 1, then I just can use 1 pass first and other one I can only use it at 01/09-30/11?

Please kindly explain 🙂

And also, is it possible to ship it to Netherlands?

Thank you

Traveling together? Buy 1 Pass and get 1 free.
    Book a 4-day pass between 12/04/2012 and 27/11/2012 and get a free pass with travelling dates between 01/09/2012 and 30/11/2012

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    12 June 2012 at 12:31:43 #837658

Dear Forum: I have settled on the 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass for my upcoming trip in September. Can someone tell me how I specify which days are “travel days”, and how that is registered on the pass? For example, I’ll be using the pass from Sept 7 to Sept 13. My 4 travel days are Sept 7, 9, 10 and 13 (but one or two may change). How do I designate specific dates for “travel days”? Thanks in advance, Gary

Annika
    7121 posts
    12 June 2012 at 13:26:20 #837659

Hello Gary! Swiss Flexi Passes have lines or boxes printed on them; one for each free travel day. All you have to do is write down the dates of your free travel days or stamp them at a railway station. You can even do so before boarding your first train/bus/boat that day, so you can decide very shortly in advance. Does that help you out?

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    12 June 2012 at 13:48:15 #837660

Dear Annika: Yes, it answers the question perfectly. As a follow up, in reading some of the other posts, is it the case that my first travel day HAS to be the first day of my travel period, i.e. my travel period is Sept 7 to Sept 13, so is Sept 7 automatically my first travel day? Thanks, Gary

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2012 at 14:13:29 #837661

Hello sethchem,

You´ll get one pass that allows two people to travel together. You´ll pay for one person only. Yes, the pass can be shipped to the Netherlands if you order through this link.
    [quote]sethchem said: Dear Madam/Sir,
    I would like to buy the 2 for 1 promotion sale pass.. However, when I opened the website, I’m not really understand what does it mean… get a free pass with travelling dates between 01/09 to 30/11/2012?

Does that mean that if I bought the pass 2 for 1, then I just can use 1 pass first and other one I can only use it at 01/09-30/11?

Please kindly explain 🙂

And also, is it possible to ship it to Netherlands?

Thank you

Traveling together? Buy 1 Pass and get 1 free.
    Book a 4-day pass between 12/04/2012 and 27/11/2012 and get a free pass with travelling dates between 01/09/2012 and 30/11/2012[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2012 at 14:14:37 #837662

Yes, that´s correct. These passes always start and end with a free travel day.

[quote]gyellin said: Dear Annika: Yes, it answers the question perfectly. As a follow up, in reading some of the other posts, is it the case that my first travel day HAS to be the first day of my travel period, i.e. my travel period is Sept 7 to Sept 13, so is Sept 7 automatically my first travel day? Thanks, Gary
    edited by gyellin on Jun 12, 2012[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2012 at 5:16:05 #837663

Dear Sir,

Self with wife and 2 children ( 10 & 13 yrs) will be travelling to switzerland starting 1st July and will stay in Luzern for 7 nights. I want to buy swiss saver pass ( family ticket). With limited time, it would not be possible for me to get the pass delivered at my home in Brussels.

Pl. suggest the best way to get the passess in Luzern. Can i buy it at Luzern and does it cost me more than to purchase online.

I can see online purchase for 4 of us ( 4 days travel within 8 days period) will cost 523.60 CHF.

please advise

[quote]Arno said: Dear travelers,

Our partners have a great offer if you plan to travel in Switzerland in Spring or Fall of 2012. You pay only half the price for a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass or 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for two adults. This offer is for both 1st and 2nd class passes. The offer is not for sale at Swiss rail stations. Please use the links below to place your order.

4-day Swiss Saver Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 452.20 (GBP 314.50), now: CHF 226.00 (GBP 157.25)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 722.50 (GBP 501.50), now: CHF 361.00 (GBP 250.75)

For prices in other currencties, please follow the appropriate links below or go to the Swiss Pass page.
    For all details about the pass, including a downloadable network map to see what’s covered, please visit the Swiss Pass page.

4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass
    Regular price 2nd class for 2 adults: CHF 523.60 (GBP 362.10), now: CHF 262.00 (GBP 181.05)
    Regular price 1st class for 2 adults: CHF 836.40 (GBP 578.00), now: CHF 419.00 (GBP 289.00)

For prices in other currencties, please follow the appropriate links below or go to the Swiss Flexi Pass page.
    For all details about the pass, including a downloadable network map to see what’s covered, please visit the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

This offer is only valid for the passes listed above. You’re allowed to buy multiple passes though, e.g. two 4-day passes to cover an 8-day stay.

Links to resellers selling this offer

http://www.raileurope.com.ar (selling to Argentina)
    While placing your order, be sure to select the tickbox “Friends/Families Fares” before you fill out the number of passengers.
    Use these promo codes to lower the price even more.
    You can purchase this offer until November 27, 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012, or between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.raileurope.com.a u (selling to Australia)
    While placing your order, be sure to select the tickbox “Friends/Families Fares” before you fill out the number of passengers.
    You can purchase this offer until November 27, 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012, or between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.raileurope.com.b r (selling to Brazil)
    <br />www.raileurope.ca (selling to the Canada)
    While placing your order, be sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Is everyone in your party traveling together at all times?”.
    You can purchase the Spring offer until May 25, 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012.
    You can purchase the Fall offer until November 21, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.raileurope.cn (selling to China)
    <br />www.raileurope-gcc.com (selling to Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen)
    <br />www.raileurope.hk (selling to Hong Kong)
    <br />www.raileurope.co.in (selling to India)
    <br />www.raileurope.co.il (selling to Israel)
    <br />www.raileurope-japan.com (selling to Japan)
    <br />www.raileurope.co.kr (selling to South-Korea)
    <br />www.raileurope.co.nz (selling to New Zealand)
    <br />www.raileurope.com.s g (selling to Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore)
    <br />www.raileurope.co.za (selling to Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
    <br />www.swissrailways.co m/uk (selling to the United Kingdom and Ireland)
    You can purchase this offer until November 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012 or between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.raileurope.com (selling to the United States)
    While placing your order, be sure to answer “Yes” to the question “Is everyone in your party traveling together at all times?”.
    You can purchase the Spring offer until May 25, 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012.
    You can purchase the Fall offer until November 21, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.swissrailways.co m (selling to many European and non-European countries)
    You can purchase this offer until November 2012. The travel dates need to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012 or between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.trainticket.com (selling to many non-European countries)
    You can purchase this offer until November 27, 2012. The travel dates need to be between September 1 and November 30, 2012.
    <br />www.raileurope-world.com (selling to many non-European countries)

Enjoy your traveling across the Swiss Alps!
    edited by Arno on Jun 18, 2012[/quote]

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.