2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2012 at 7:25:51 #837724

you will find it more convenient to have swiss francs as although in big cities and tourist places, euros may be accepted, you will probably be given change in swiss francs so it is less confusing to use the swiss currency. If you have time you can order francs on line to pick up at your home airport – the rate of exchange is usually more favourable. I use Travelex or Saga – they also do home delivery free of charge. Changing currency at airports is not such a good exchange rate.
    Maggie

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    28 August 2012 at 15:25:00 #837725

Dear Forum,
    I just received the Swiss Flexi Pass (4-day) that I recently purchased and have questions about the information being asked for on the pass.
    For the Name/Vorname field: Do I put both travelers or just my name?
    For the LAND field: What goes there?
    For the Pass/ID-NR field: There are several numbers on the Control Voucher; one is on the top edge highlighted in orange, a second is further down following the words “Zu Fahrausweis”, a third is on the right hand stub following the words”Artikel-NR” and finally there’s a number following the words”Ref-NR”. Which one of these should I put in the Pass/ID-NR field?

Lastly, there’s the fields for the four travel days. I know the first and last days now, but I’m not settled on the middle two. When do I need to fill in the dates of the middle two travel days (I have entered the first and last day already)?

Thanks in advance,
    Gary

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2012 at 2:27:11 #837726

Hi Gary,

This is what to fill out:

• Name/vorname: Your last name, then your first name;
    • Land: Your country of residence;
    • Pass/id-nr: Your passport number;
    • On the control voucher: fill out the names and passport numbers of the other travelers using the pass.

The free travel days can be filled out whenever you like, as long as you do it before boarding the first train of the day.

Enjoy the traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2012 at 13:36:35 #837727

Apologizing for writing in wrong topic, I hope this is correct one.

I highly appreciate if you can clarify further, As you mentioned I have seen this in web site.
    I have only 2 weeks to come, therefore if I order from online, I am not sure whether it will receive or not.
    Please kindly let me know if this is available in Switzerland, then how much will be.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2012 at 13:49:52 #837728

Hi Kamal,

Regular Swiss Passes can be purchased online and in Switzerland, but I am not aware of local purchase options in case of this offer. You can easily get it online. Just go to the Swiss Pass page and click the reseller details to see all about delivery options. Two weeks is plenty of time to receive your pass.

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    29 August 2012 at 15:13:11 #837729

Thanks Arno. Once again, you and this forum have been invaluable for planning my upcoming trip.

[quote]Arno said: Hi Gary,

This is what to fill out:

• Name/vorname: Your last name, then your first name;
    • Land: Your country of residence;
    • Pass/id-nr: Your passport number;
    • On the control voucher: fill out the names and passport numbers of the other travelers using the pass.

The free travel days can be filled out whenever you like, as long as you do it before boarding the first train of the day.

Enjoy the traveling![/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2012 at 11:21:59 #837730

Hi,
    I would like to seek clarification on the Swiss Saver FlexiPass 2 for 1 Promotion as I’ve been getting conflicting answers from the agents selling the tickets. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with my queries.

I understand from the website that the Swiss Flexi Saver Pass offers the following:
    Swiss Flexi Pass

• 2 for 1 promotion;
  • unlimited travelling throughout Switzerland on 3, 4, 5 or 6 days within one month;
  • discounts of 50% on travelling on the other days;
  • discounts of 50% on gondolas and mountain trains;
  • children up to 15 years old travel along for free;
  • a 15% discount applies when purchasing a Swiss Flexi Pass for 2 or more people.

The agents only offer the 4-day Swiss Flexi Saver Pass for over-the-counter sale. However, the agents inform me that aside from the 4 days on which the Pass is used, there will not be any 50% discount on trains, say, for a return ticket from Interlaken to Berne/Lucerne. They say that the 50% discount is only applicable on certain mountain trains (and not on normal inter-city travel). Is this correct? This is because the line in the description above says “discounts of 50% on travelling on the other days”. And I notice that this line is not stated for the 4-consecutive-day Swiss Saver Pass.

I purchased Swiss Flexi Saver Pass tickets under the 2 for 1 promotion.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Regards,
    LTRLr

Annika
7124 posts
30 August 2012 at 12:03:27 #837731

Hello LTRLr. I’m not sure which agent(s) you contacted, but you’ll find the right information at our Swiss Flexi Pass page. You’ll get 4 free travel days, to be spread over a period of 1 month as a maximum. On all other days in between your first and last free travel days, a 50% discount applies on nearly all trains, including regular intercity and regional lines. The validity map that can be downloaded from the Swiss Flexi Pass page shows exactly where free and discounted traveling apply. The partners we list as resellers at the right hand of the page all issue this pass under these conditions.

The information about 50% discount on remaining days isn’t there for the Swiss Pass, as this only allows free traveling on 4 (or more) consecutive days. Unlike the Swiss Flexi Pass, there are no in-between days with discounted traveling.

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
30 August 2012 at 19:49:54 #837732

Hello and thank you for an invaluable site! I am a first generation American of Canton St Gallen Swiss parents. I had the pleasure of spending a summer in Switzerland in 1969 when I was 11. I am thrilled to be taking my adult sons away for a week in October. I am all set to purchase 3 adult 2-1 Swiss Saver Passes for the following itinerary as we we be there from 10/1 through 10/8. Each of us will need 2 four day passes.

Land in Zurich on 10/1 and travel to Interlaken for two days. On 10/3 we travel to Zermatt for two days. 10/5 we will take the Glacier Express and get off in Chur for one night. On 10/6 we travel up to Appenzell for one night and then Sunday 10/7 back up to Zurich for flight on Monday 10/8 home. I know it’s a lot to cram into a few days, but I wanted us to see as much of the beauty as possible

From reading this site I understand that these passes will cover most all of our trains, busses, trollies, gondolas, boats and the like and I will make separate reservations for the Glacier Express on 10/5 to ensure our seats. These are my questions please –

Do I need to be in receipt of my Swiss Saver pass to make the Glacier Express reservation? If not, and we present our tickets at the station and I have selected first class seats, I will pay the difference there?
Does this appear to be a sound itinerary?
thank you so much!
Susan

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
30 August 2012 at 20:27:51 #837733

I just followed the link to RailEurope site and after plugging in my information – 2 Adults, 1 Youth (age 20) for 8 days unlimited rail pass came to $1008. Because we are a party of 3, this makes best sense? thank you again!

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
30 August 2012 at 20:39:09 #837734

Hi mod,

I’ve just seen the Titlis offer ticket on the http://www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk/ausfluege.php?ausflugid=12. I know that if I have Swiss Pass I can get the 50% off. Yet, Can you please let me know whether I need to make a reservation to that ticket? Or I can buy on the day I arrive there?

Thank you for your help.

Duong

Arno
15484 posts
31 August 2012 at 3:30:10 #837735

[quote]Sooboo said: I just followed the link to RailEurope site and after plugging in my information – 2 Adults, 1 Youth (age 20) for 8 days unlimited rail pass came to $1008. Because we are a party of 3, this makes best sense? thank you again![/quote]

Hi Sooboo,

Thanks for complimenting on our website! It’s great that you have the opportunity to visit Switzerland again after so many years. Your itinerary is certainly doable; I can understand that you want to make the most of it. I would definitely recommend some hiking if you have the chance. There are plenty of suggestions on our website.

You can book the Glacier Express whenever you like. You don’t need to posses the pass in order to do so, but the most convenient way is to just order the reservations along with your passes. The price difference between 2nd and 1st class can be paid for at the Zermatt rail station.

The passes you selected add up to $1006 when purchased through raileurope.com. You’d better make use of the 2-for-1 promotion and order two 4-day Swiss Saver Passes (each for two adults) and an 8-day Swiss Youth Pass. The total amount will only be $792 in that case. To save even more, you can order the exact same passes through raileurope-world.com. Start with adding two of the promoted 4-day passes to your shopping cart here. Then add the Youth Pass here. And finally use the promo code to get an additional discount (only until September 5). This adds up to EUR 591 (about $740) excl. shipping and the seat reservations.

Hotels, including hotels near Zurich airport with free shuttle buses, can be found here.

Enjoy your stay!

Arno
15484 posts
31 August 2012 at 3:31:40 #837736

[quote]du.duong said: Hi mod,

I’ve just seen the Titlis offer ticket on the http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/ausfluege.php?ausflugid=12. I know that if I have Swiss Pass I can get the 50% off. Yet, Can you please let me know whether I need to make a reservation to that ticket? Or I can buy on the day I arrive there?

Thank you for your help.

Duong[/quote]

Hi Duong,

You can purchase a Titlis ticket both online or at the valley station. You don’t need to book in advance.

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
2 September 2012 at 3:26:07 #837737

Hi Annika,

Thank you very much for your help and clarification!

Best regards,
LTRLr

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
8 September 2012 at 12:06:23 #837738

Dear everyone,

I have two questions as below.

1. I and my friend are under 26 years old, can we use the 2 for 1 promotion of swiss pass?
2. Is the online price of swiss pass the same as buying at station?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Arno
15484 posts
9 September 2012 at 6:12:45 #837739

Hi bowjung, welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. Yes, you can.
2. You can’t buy this promotion at the station as far as I know. All purchase options and prices can be found on the Swiss Pass page (be sure to select your country, travelers and pass type).

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
11 September 2012 at 11:04:18 #837740

Dear sir,

It seems we are in great trouble now. Please help me!
We are now in Paris France, we want to travel to switzerland this Saturday.I have already booked the hotels.
I went to the Paris railway station Gare De Lyon to buy swiss pass this morning,
but they told me I cnnot buy this promotion product there.
What they offered to me is the normal price,that means double price of the promotion!
It’s unreasonable, but they told me the system is just like that!
What can I do now? The time is not enough for us to wait here for the swiss pass deliveried through express.
Can I buy this promotion product in switzerland railway stations ?
The least day of delivery through mail to Paris is how many days?
Is there any other choice?

Thanks for your kind help! It’s really very urgent,please answer me ASAP !

Best Regards!

Hai Yang

Arno
15484 posts
11 September 2012 at 11:33:24 #837741

Dear Hai Yang,

The promoted passes can indeed only be purchased online. If you select “France” and the desired pass on our Swiss Pass page, you can review the price and delivery details. In your case, it would be best to order through this page of swissrailways.com. Delivery to a Swiss address (e.g. your hotel) takes 2 business days that way. Express delivery to France takes 3 business days, which is a bit tight. I would recommend shipping to Switzerland because that’s quicker and cheaper. But if you prefer shipping to Paris, I would recommend to explain in the Notes field that you need your passes on Friday so that the reseller can try to speed things up. You can call them (++41 43 210 55 00) after placing your order if you want, so that they can confirm that everything will work out fine.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland (and Paris)!

Removed user
Participant
72625 posts
11 September 2012 at 11:59:05 #837742

[quote]Arno said: Dear Hai Yang,

The promoted passes can indeed only be purchased online. If you select “France” and the desired pass on our Swiss Pass page, you can review the price and delivery details. In your case, it would be best to order through this page of swissrailways.com. Delivery to a Swiss address (e.g. your hotel) takes 2 business days that way. Express delivery to France takes 3 business days, which is a bit tight. I would recommend shipping to Switzerland because that’s quicker and cheaper. But if you prefer shipping to Paris, I would recommend to explain in the Notes field that you need your passes on Friday so that the reseller can try to speed things up. You can call them (++41 43 210 55 00) after placing your order if you want, so that they can confirm that everything will work out fine.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland (and Paris)![/quote]

Dear sir,thanks for your kind help.
I just called the number 43 210 55 00, the lady told me I can buy the promotion product at any Switzerland railway station .
Is it true? Please confirm it for me!

Hai Yang

Arno
15484 posts
11 September 2012 at 12:04:13 #837743

Dear Hai Yang,

I haven’t heard of that option yet, but you can give it a try. All “regular” Swiss rail passes can be purchased in Switzerland, as mentioned on our rail pass pages.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.