2 for 1 Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2012 at 21:41:02 #805477

Hello

We will be in interlaken sept 4 through the 14th. There is 3 people
    can i buy 3 two for one (18 days free trave)l deals and can my wife and i use them to cover nine days in the region
    Basically use one two for 1 deal the first three days then another two for one to cover the next three days and so on.

and for the third person can she buy 2 of the two for 1 deals (12 days free trave)l and have 9 days covered while there
    or will she have to buy 3 of the 2 for 1 deals to cover it

Can you get the two for one deal in switzerland

do you have to pick dates for the pass when you order them or can you start them any day you want when you get there

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    23 July 2012 at 5:29:04 #836732

Welcome to the forum madmax3751. Yes, you can purchase several sets of the offer to cover all days of your stay. But please mind that a 7 day Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland not only offers 3 days of free traveling, but also 4 days with discounted traveling. So it may be too much to order 3 sets of the offer. I guess 2 will be more than enough, as that grants 6 free travel days plus 8 discounted travel days in total for your 9 or 10 day stay.

The forum topic on the 2 for 1 deal explains where and how to order (the offer is available online only). Follow the steps described there, and then click ‘Add more tickets’ to repeat this process and add another set of the offer. The 3rd person in your travel party should use regular Regional-Passes.

You will have to fill out a start date while ordering, but this only indicates the start of the week in which the pass is valid. You don’t have to decide yet which days you’ll be using as free travel days; you can still do so before boarding the first train, bus or boat that day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2012 at 7:44:55 #836733

Thank you
    This is so confusing
    1. Is the 2 for 1 regional pass one seperate pass for two people or is it for two seperate passes the last time we were there we had two seperate passes
    2. If my wife and i have a 2 for 1 pass and my brother and his wife have a 2 for 1 pass. Can my brother and i use a free day and say both of us leave our wives in interlaken and travel together on train for the day or must we all four travel together all the time i understand it counts as a free day for all four
    but can that be done
    3 You reply that when ordering you fill out date that indicates the start of the week the pass is valid so if i put say a date on a wednesday it starts on wednesday and not the beginining of the week is this correct

4 how about the 2 for 1 swiss flexi pass must both people always travel together or can one be left at home and 1 person use it alone i understand that pass is one ticket so they cant both travel seperate places but i mean 1 person traveling alone while the other person does not travel

Thanks

[quote]Annika said: Welcome to the forum madmax3751. Yes, you can purchase several sets of the offer to cover all days of your stay. But please mind that a 7 day Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland not only offers 3 days of free traveling, but also 4 days with discounted traveling. So it may be too much to order 3 sets of the offer. I guess 2 will be more than enough, as that grants 6 free travel days plus 8 discounted travel days in total for your 9 or 10 day stay.

The forum topic on the 2 for 1 deal explains where and how to order (the offer is available online only). Follow the steps described there, and then click ‘Add more tickets’ to repeat this process and add another set of the offer. The 3rd person in your travel party should use regular Regional-Passes.

You will have to fill out a start date while ordering, but this only indicates the start of the week in which the pass is valid. You don’t have to decide yet which days you’ll be using as free travel days; you can still do so before boarding the first train, bus or boat that day.[/quote]

Annika
    7103 posts
    23 July 2012 at 14:56:05 #836734

Hi madmax. The start date you fill out is the exact date on which the validity starts, not the beginning of the week.

As for traveling together: the 2 for 1 Swiss Flexi Pass is one pass indeed. It’s no problem if part of your travel party uses it, but the other ones can’t use it at the same time. So if some members of your group don’t travel while others do, that’s fine. As far as I know the 2 for 1 Regional-Passes come in separate tickets for each individual, but I’ll find out and get back you to in this topic once I’m sure.

Annika
    7103 posts
    27 July 2012 at 7:07:18 #836735

Hello madmax. The Regional-Passes are separate tickets indeed, and they can be used individually.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2012 at 18:55:38 #836736

[quote]Annika said: Hello madmax. The Regional-Passes are separate tickets indeed, and they can be used individually.[/quote]

Can you buy the regional pass 2 for i when i get to interlaken if i need a extra one

Annika
    7103 posts
    29 July 2012 at 2:14:41 #836737

Hi madmax. The 2 for 1 offer is available online only as mentioned in the explanation topic I referred to, so if you want to use it, you’ll have to buy it in advance through this page.

• The thread ‘2 for 1 Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.