2.5 days trip to Lucerne & Interlaken with 2yr old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 16:06:11 #816469

I am arriving on 16th Morning at 9.30 to Zurich airport and want to go to Mount Pilatus on the same day after dropping my luggage at the hotel in Lucern.

On next day (17th June), I am planning to go Mount Titlis and then will head to Interlaken where I will take boat ride in evening and will be staying in night.

I have purchased swiss travel pass (3 days) for me and my wife.

Please suggest whether the above plan is feasible and what things I may need to take care as I ll have my kid (23 months old) along with us.

Also please suggest if we leave Lucerne by 8:30 am for mount Titlis, how much time it ll take to return back to Lucerne.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 19:58:48 #887485

Hi Harshvardhan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, that itinerary is quite doable. You can plan out each day’s trip with the Swiss railways timetable. Most people spend about 2 hours once they reach the top of a mountain.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price
    When bought online you can skip the rail station lines and have a back up copy to print again in case you lose it.

Not having any kids I can’t say if there is anything you need to take care of for your child. Sometimes high altitudes can bother babies, but by 2 years old it isn’t often a problem (assuming no current health issues).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 6:41:27 #887486

Thanks Lucas for your reply.

I have one more query.

While going from lucern to interlaken and returning back via Golden Pass, do I need to do prior reservation or it can be done at the time of travelling also as I am not sure about the actual time of catching the train.

Pl consider that I have swiss travel pass.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 June 2018 at 6:43:56 #887487

Hi Harshvardhan,

A lightweight fold-able stroller will come in handy in cable cars and other modes of transport. Most hiking trails aren’t suitable for strollers, so it’s good to know that in advance. The tourist office will be able to point you to stroller friendly options.

You don’t need train reservations.

• The thread ‘2.5 days trip to Lucerne & Interlaken with 2yr old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.