3 days in and around Luzern/ Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2018 at 7:09:56 #817039

Hello there,

I am coming with my wife and about-to-go-to-college teen for a 3.5 day trip to Luzern. We reach there tomorrow afternoon at 1 PM and have to leave by 6 pm on the 7th to catch a 9 PM flight from Zurich to Paris. I realize this is very late of course – but would still appreciate any help in planning what we can do.

I’d ideally like to spend the half day on Day 1 in Luzern. I’d like to spend perhaps 2 days in Interlaken region, including a train ride to Jungfraujoch. I am not sure about the last day – maybe Basel? My daughter and I are very keen on train rides of all kinds. We’d like to visit mountain tops and journeys in the countryside. I don’t believe we are too keen on the lake boat excursions.

What would be the best way to organize the trip? And given the different regions – does it still make sense to buy a Swiss Rail Pass? Does it make sense to by the Jungfraujoch 3 day pass if we may not go more than 2 days there? Individual train tickets (point A to B) seem pretty expensive!

Please help!

Thanks,

Mahesh

• The thread ‘3 days in and around Luzern/ Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.