Jul 8, 2018 - 12:55 PM
Hi. Im planning to travel on July 25 to Grindelwald with my husband an two kids (12 and 13 years old). I arrive at around 2:00 pm there, so I have the rest of the afternoon, two whole days and a morning the next day, since in the afternoon I leave to Zurich. We want to go one day to Jungfraujoch and enjoy some snow activities, since we live in an island and my kids have never seen snow. We plan to go early and stay there enough time to enjoy this activities and the view. We would do this the second or third day, depending on weather. On our way back maybe stop at Lauterbrunnen and visit Trummelbach falls. Im very confused with all the activities there are available and trying to make the most of the trip. We want to do hiking, but we are no experts. We do have appropriate shoes for this. We also want to go to First and do two or three adventure activities activities there like the Flyer and bikes or carts. My questions are:
1. What can I do after 2:00 pm the day I arrive? I want to be able to do something that really counts, not just strolling around the town. Maybe Pfingstegg toboggan run and hike?? Other suggestions?
2. What can I do the day I leave? I have till around 4 pm. Is it a good idea to go to First adventure activities and a hike? Is this too much for that day? Other suggestions for that day?
3. Most recommended hiking trails in the area?
4. Is it worth it to go to Schilthorn?
5. All the recommendations say to go to the mountains in the morning because clouds get on the way after noon. So what is better to plan for the afternoons?
6. Should we buy the Swiss Travel Pass or Half Fare card?
Can anyone give me some light with my itinerary?I really need some help. Im too confused with all the information.
Thanks a lot!!