Buy 3 days swiss travel pass online?

• kittenzcy
    Participant
    2 posts
    17 August 2016 at 15:21:41 #809914

Hi,

We are going to Switzerland this Saturday. We would like to buy the 3 days swiss travel pass for 22, 23 and 24 August. But from sbb or swiss-pass.ch, I could only buy it and then get it delivered to my house which will take at least 3 days…

1. Isn’t there any e-ticket which I could buy online and print it myself?

2. If e-ticket isn’t possible, where could I buy it once I arrive in Switzerland? In petrol station or train station (Interlaken Ost Bahnhof)? Is the price also the same as buying online?

Thanks very much

Patrick

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 August 2016 at 15:47:13 #855216

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The purchase options are listed here. The easiest way is to visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en (the SBB web shop for tourists). After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home. You should order today because it takes a few business days to e-mail the pass. Tomorrow will be too late in your case.

Ordering through http://www.treinreiswinkel.nl /treinpassen/zwitserla nd/swiss-travel-pass should work as well as you are based in The Netherlands. They ship the pass the next working day, so you’ll receive it quickly.

Enjoy your trip!

kittenzcy
    Participant
    2 posts
    18 August 2016 at 14:10:29 #855217

Hi Arno,

Thanks very much for your information! It’s really helpful!

I have just purchased from their shop because it’s too late to book it online.

And it’s 8 euros cheaper than buying it directly from sbb.ch

Thanks

Patrick

• The thread ‘Buy 3 days swiss travel pass online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.