3 days Zurich mid April - what to do & which pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
RitikaP
RitikaP
4 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 4:30 AM

Hi!

I intend to travel to Switzerland for a short 2.5-3 days in a group of 5 in mid-April. Our base will be in Zurich and we intend to see Lucerne & Mt Titlis as of now. I have two questions:

1) Will a Travel pass make sense for us or should i book point-to-point train/bus/cable car tickets?

2) We may have a spare day. What else is a must see?

Please help!

Warm Regards.

Lucas
Lucas
9645 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 8:39 AM in reply to RitikaP

Hi RitikaP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You'll need to do the math to compare costs once you've made all your trip plans. Visit out page here for help: How to choose the best rail pass. To see what is and isn't covered on the Swiss Travel Pass (probably a good option for you to consider) click here.
  2. What are you wanting to see and do? Are you interested in mountain scenery? Are you wanting to stay close to Zurich or Lucerne? Have a look at activities in Zurich here, Lucerne here and around Switzerland here.

If you are focused on mountains and the outdoors I'd consider not staying in Zurich at all (if plans can be changed) as it isn't convenient for those trips.

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 8:40 AM by Lucas
RitikaP
RitikaP
4 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 12:57 PM

Thanks Lucas! The information was most helpful.

What falls under the GA area? I'm trying to book a day pass but can't seem to find an exact definition of the GA area.

Regards,

Ritika

Lucas
Lucas
9645 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2018 - 5:31 PM in reply to RitikaP

Hi Ritika,

You can find the GA area map for the here, the link is specifically for the Swiss one-day travel pass but the map is the GA map. :)

Cheers

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 2:46 AM in reply to RitikaP

>> I'm trying to book a day pass but can't seem to find an exact definition of the GA area.

Is it the Saver Day Pass you are planning to buy?

If so, when looking at the map showing the area of validity, note that the Saver Day Pass does not cover any of the transport shown by dotted lines i.e. most mountain transport. There are a few exceptions, such as the Rigi, which are shown as a solid line, therefore covered.

To get a 50% discount on transport shown as a dotted line, you would also need to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card for CHF 120.00.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Feb 19, 2018 - 7:35 AM by Arno
RitikaP
RitikaP
4 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 3:20 AM in reply to Lucas

This is really helpful! Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day!

RitikaP
RitikaP
4 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 3:21 AM in reply to Removed user

Thanks @Alpenrose666

Will keep this in mind while booking.

Regards!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018