3 days Zurich mid April – what to do & which pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 4:30:53 #814379

Hi!

I intend to travel to Switzerland for a short 2.5-3 days in a group of 5 in mid-April. Our base will be in Zurich and we intend to see Lucerne & Mt Titlis as of now. I have two questions:

1) Will a Travel pass make sense for us or should i book point-to-point train/bus/cable car tickets?

2) We may have a spare day. What else is a must see?

Please help!

Warm Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 8:39:21 #876397

Hi RitikaP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You’ll need to do the math to compare costs once you’ve made all your trip plans. Visit out page here for help: How to choose the best rail pass. To see what is and isn’t covered on the Swiss Travel Pass (probably a good option for you to consider) click here.
    2. What are you wanting to see and do? Are you interested in mountain scenery? Are you wanting to stay close to Zurich or Lucerne? Have a look at activities in Zurich here, Lucerne here and around Switzerland here.

If you are focused on mountains and the outdoors I’d consider not staying in Zurich at all (if plans can be changed) as it isn’t convenient for those trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 12:57:12 #876398

Thanks Lucas! The information was most helpful.

What falls under the GA area? I’m trying to book a day pass but can’t seem to find an exact definition of the GA area.

Regards,

Ritika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 17:31:03 #876399

Hi Ritika,

You can find the GA area map for the here, the link is specifically for the Swiss one-day travel pass but the map is the GA map. 🙂

Cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 2:46:23 #876400

>> I’m trying to book a day pass but can’t seem to find an exact definition of the GA area.

Is it the Saver Day Pass you are planning to buy?

If so, when looking at the map showing the area of validity, note that the Saver Day Pass does not cover any of the transport shown by dotted lines i.e. most mountain transport. There are a few exceptions, such as the Rigi, which are shown as a solid line, therefore covered.

To get a 50% discount on transport shown as a dotted line, you would also need to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card for CHF 120.00.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 3:20:16 #876401

This is really helpful! Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 3:21:08 #876402

Thanks @Alpenrose666

Will keep this in mind while booking.

Regards!

• The thread ‘3 days Zurich mid April – what to do & which pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.