3 nights in Zermatt, what to do besides Gornergrat

• Jopiglet
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 September 2022 at 14:58:17 #828327

Hello!

I’ll be traveling to Switzerland for 2+ weeks with my family (along with 2 kids, 5 and 4) and will be staying in zermatt for 3 night (I.e, 2 full days). I planned to go gornergrat + riffelsee lake on one day and would like to seek your suggestions for what to do on day 2.

thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    12 September 2022 at 17:08:36 #946828

Hi Jopiglet,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

When are you travelling? In summer Zermatt is great place for families to spend time together and explore nature. In winter, it is a winter wonderland. In addition to Gornergrat, you can also take the cable car to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, which is open all year. You can also plan day trips to Brig, Saas Fe and Montreux. You can find more suggestions here: http://www.myswissalps.com/zermatt/activities

Let us know if you need more information for your trip.

Regards,

Anna

Jopiglet
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 September 2022 at 23:38:28 #946829

Hi Anna!

I’ll be going in October!

innyour opinion, which is better for kids? Brig or Matterhorn glacier paradise?

Anna
    6382 posts
    13 September 2022 at 6:07:01 #946830

Hi jopiglet,

If you’re based in Zermatt, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise would be an obvious choice. But if you have time and want to explore a neighbouring town, a day trip to Brig and the Aletsch Glacier is a good option in my opinion.

Regards,

Anna

Jopiglet
    Participant
    3 posts
    13 September 2022 at 13:21:32 #946831

Hi Anna!

thank you so much!!

• The thread ‘3 nights in Zermatt, what to do besides Gornergrat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.