3 Saver Day Passes vs 3 day Swiss Travel Pass

• NCjulie
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 June 2022 at 23:59:55 #827508

I’m looking for simplicity in travel on the last three days of my trip. I can purchase three saver day passes for less than a three day Swiss Travel Pass. My understanding is the saver day pass offers the same benefits as a Swiss travel pass for a particular day. Is this correct? Any reason why I shouldn’t go for the saver day passes?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2022 at 6:58:07 #943266

Hi NCjulie and weclome to MySwissAlps.com!

The Saver Day Pass offers you less regarding validity than the Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the differences:

• Swiss Travel Pass gives you a discount on the mountain transport, Saver Day Pass doesn’t
    • Saver Day Pass can run out
    • The price of the Saver Day Pass changes, usually if you buy it earlier you pay less
    • Many museums are free or discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass (list of museums: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/details)

Make sure to check the validity maps:

Take care,

Ildiko

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 June 2022 at 13:50:49 #943267

Hi Ncjulie,

A Swiss Travel Pass indeed offers more. It depends on your plans what’s most economical. This guide can help you find the right pass for your itinerary: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

NCjulie
    Participant
    4 posts
    17 June 2022 at 15:30:34 #943268

Thank you for your help Ildiko & Arno. Now that I’ve booked a place in Mürren for 2 nights, I have to go back to the spreadsheet…… ugh, my brain hurts from trying to figure this all out!

This forum has been so helpful, thank you experts and moderators!

• The thread ‘3 Saver Day Passes vs 3 day Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.