About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum 3 Saver Day Passes vs 3 day Swiss Travel Pass
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

3 Saver Day Passes vs 3 day Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
NCjulie
NCjulie
4 posts
Jun 15, 2022 - 11:59 PM

I’m looking for simplicity in travel on the last three days of my trip. I can purchase three saver day passes for less than a three day Swiss Travel Pass. My understanding is the saver day pass offers the same benefits as a Swiss travel pass for a particular day. Is this correct? Any reason why I shouldn’t go for the saver day passes?

Ildiko
Ildiko
2498 posts
top member &
Jun 16, 2022 - 6:58 AM in reply to NCjulie

Hi NCjulie and weclome to MySwissAlps.com!

The Saver Day Pass offers you less regarding validity than the Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the differences:

• Swiss Travel Pass gives you a discount on the mountain transport, Saver Day Pass doesn't
  • Saver Day Pass can run out
  • The price of the Saver Day Pass changes, usually if you buy it earlier you pay less
  • Many museums are free or discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass (list of museums: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/details)

Make sure to check the validity maps:

Take care,

Ildiko

Last modified on Jun 17, 2022 - 1:49 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
15667 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2022 - 1:50 PM in reply to NCjulie

Hi Ncjulie,

A Swiss Travel Pass indeed offers more. It depends on your plans what's most economical. This guide can help you find the right pass for your itinerary: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

NCjulie
NCjulie
4 posts
Jun 17, 2022 - 3:30 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you for your help Ildiko & Arno. Now that I've booked a place in Mürren for 2 nights, I have to go back to the spreadsheet...... ugh, my brain hurts from trying to figure this all out!

This forum has been so helpful, thank you experts and moderators!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022