Weather for Jungfraujoch - should we go?

Weather for Jungfraujoch - should we go?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 11, 2017 - 8:27 AM

Hi,

I have booked my tickets this weekend. Itenary is Zurich, Lucerne, Mt. Jungfrau but i am worried as the weather forecast is rainy this weekend.

please suggest is it good to travel over this weekend and can i visit mt.junfrau on sunday or Monday.

Cheers,

Saru

Lucas
Lucas
7163 posts
expert &
Sep 11, 2017 - 5:39 PM in reply to Saruu

Hi Saru,

I would wait until the morning of each day and check the weather forecast. If it looks like it will be ok then go up. If everyday looks poor you might not want to spend the money to go up on any day.

Lucas

Last modified on Sep 11, 2017 - 5:40 PM by Lucas
Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 11, 2017 - 6:25 PM

Thanks Lucas for your response. My main itinery is mt.jungfrau, should i reconsider my trip and postpone travel plans?

Lucas
Lucas
7163 posts
expert &
Sep 11, 2017 - 10:50 PM in reply to Saruu

If the only reason you are coming here is to visit Jungfraujoch and the weather looks bad all the days you will be in Switzerland I suppose that is an option. Assuming you can cancel your booked plans and have time to come again later.

You may luck out and the weather changes or you may find the trip is worth it even in poor weather though. I can't tell you whether the trip should be cancelled or not though.

Lucas

Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 13, 2017 - 12:42 PM

Dear Lucas,

Thanks. We are travelling.

1. Can you please provide link where i can book my Jungfrau tickets with swiss pass concession.

2. I saw there are 2wifi option. Travelers and tellwireless. Which is good.

Cheers,

Saru

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Sep 13, 2017 - 12:54 PM in reply to Saruu

Hi Saru,

1. You'll find links on www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages. Tickets for Swiss Travel Pass holders are available via www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains, for example.

2. Please see www.myswissalps.com/si mcard for our tips.

Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 16, 2017 - 2:44 AM

Thank you.

Which boat trip is more scenic if i have to chose between lake thun and lake brienz. Also what is the last boat trip time from interlaken.

I am on my way to Zurich... Thank you for all suggestions..

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Sep 16, 2017 - 2:28 PM

Hi Saru,

They are both wonderful. I would just pick the one that fits your plans based on the departure time and duration. Apart from that you can check the below pages to see if you like one more than the other:

Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 17, 2017 - 7:12 PM

Thank you Arno.. we enjoyed cruise.

Also todays climate in Jungfrau was awesome.. spent full day top.

Tomorrow planning to go Glacier 3000 peak walk from Interlaken by first train in the morn. I assume this suspense bridge is free.

1.In google i saw, col-du-pillon to glacier 3000 is via cable car. How do i go to suspense bridge from there. Please guide.

2.Also my concern here is return flight to UK is from Geneva at 9pm. Will we reach before time.

Cheers, Saru

49erbacker
49erbacker
16 posts
Sep 17, 2017 - 8:20 PM in reply to Saruu

Just went to Jungfrau yesterday. Realize that summer is over. Jungfrau was great but be aware that the clouds go in and out all day. Check webcams and weather reports.

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2017 - 2:22 PM in reply to Saruu

Hi Saru,

1. I realize my answer is too late, but I'm sure you've found your way to the bridge, right? I hope it was open as it is weather dependent.

2. You can check the timetable to see which train you need to take to Geneva airport.

Last modified on Sep 18, 2017 - 2:23 PM by Arno
Saruu
Saruu
12 posts
Sep 19, 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your response.We had a wonderful time in Glacier 3000 and back to UK.

Cheers,Saru

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2017 - 10:37 AM

Great to hear that, enjoy the wonderful memories!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018