Jun 16, 2014 - 5:09 AM
Me and my friend are going on our first Europe trip.. excited!! - Our trip will start on 05 October, 2014 in Paris - Nice - Switzerland - Italy. We'll end our trip in Rome on 24 October, 2014. As we only have 3 weeks and travelling to 3 countries, we've allocated 4 days in Switzerland. Highlight is the Glacier Express train ride.. the swiss part of our trip will be from 11Oct to 15Oct.
Here's what we were thinking:
Day 1 (11Oct)* - Fly in to Geneva from Nice, take the train to Montreux, stay the night in Montruex
Day 2 (12Oct)* - Take the train to Visp and transfer to Zermatt, take the Glacier Express to St Moritz
Day 3 (13Oct) - Stay in St Moritz for the day and do some hiking/sight seeing
Day 4 (14Oct) - ?? - Day 2 moves down if we want to stay extra day hiking in Montruex or Zermatt
Day 5 (15Oct) - St. Moritz to Venice
I found the Day 1 - Day 2 from another thread in this forum
1. what can be done in Geneva in a day, I was thinking that will be a deciding factor on what time we head to Montreux? I saw that the train to Montreux from Geneva is every 30mins and the train ride is slightly over an hour.
2. we want to see as much swiss alps as we can (lol), so where would you recommend for us to do some hiking? Zermatt and St Moritz? or Montreux and St Moritz?
3. Where would be cheaper (relative) to stay overnight? Zermatt or Montreux?
4. I suppose it is better to be on the Glacier express during day time right? so we should take the morning train?
5. I'm struggling to find the easiest / cheapest way to travel from St. Mortiz to Venice, any advice on that?
Thanks in advance.