4 days for Zurich, Interlaken, Bern, Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2017 at 10:58:09 #810927

hello

i have just 4 days in Switzerland and was thinking of doing Zurich, Interlakenhoheweg, Lucerne and bern

is the mt titlis tour better or the jungfaujoch?

also is it better to just train in between cities or do one of the big train trips like the glazier express?

any ideas? I will be there the first week of July

thank you

alexis

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2017 at 17:44:26 #859471

Hi Alexis,

It’s hard to say which tour is better between Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch – Mt. Titlis would be a little quicker to reach (from Luzern) and a little cheaper than Jungfraujoch (from say Interlaken) – but it depends on what you want to see! Where are you planning on staying during your stay in Switzerland?

Taking a train between cities is normally the way to go. The panoramic trains, like the Glacier Express are great options but not in the areas you are visiting – you would have to go quite out of your way (The Glacier Express and Bernina Express start in Chur.

The Golden Pass panorama train starts in Luzern and goes to Montreux via Interlaken – this train you could more easily do based on the towns you will be visiting.

Also, you may want to purchase a Swiss Travel Pass, which will cover all your train trips and is quite convenient (print at home and hop on any train while you are here). The only exception is that it only provides a discount on trains to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald or Wengen).

I hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘4 days for Zurich, Interlaken, Bern, Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.