4 days Swiss Alps visit from Paris_Need suggestion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2014 at 22:37:14 #806552

Hello,

My husband and I will stay in Switzerland from 12-15 August.We start our Swiss trip from Geneva airport at 10am on 12 Aug and return flight is at 5pm on 15 Aug. We have already bought 4 days Swiss saver+peak pass to visit the maximum places with freedom. Now could you please suggest us an itinerary based on our places of interest so that we can explore these 4 days the best :). Below is our “Wish List”:

1. Stanserhorn: for Double-decker cable car (this cable car is free with peak pass?)
    2. Junfraujoch: is a must for us
    3. Zermette: for Matterhorn and cable car
    4. Oberalp Openair Express: From Andermatt to Disentis
    5. Rhine Falls: If possible
    6. Chocolate train: If possible
    7. Lake Brienz: optional
    8. Anything else more interesting and practical for 4 days suggested by you

For us Junfraujoch visit, any of the cable cars that can be covered by peak pass, zermette and a beautiful lake trip are must things to do. Please need help to confirm our itinerary as we haven’t booked our hotels yet.Which cities we must stay for the nights so that we can travel easily and explore the natural beauty at it’s max. We are ready to travel from city to city by one night stay one city and finally on day 4 going back directly to Geneva airport from our last destination. Thanks in advance,Regards-Shanta.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 August 2014 at 17:41:22 #840775

Hi Shanta,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The 4 days you have available are not enough to cover everything, but you can include the most important sites on your wish list. Here’s a suggestion:

1. Day 1: Travel to Lucerne, put your luggage in the lockers at the station, and proceed to the Stanserhorn. Then back to Lucerne and your hotel.
    2. Day 2: By train to Brienz (Golden Pass route), store your luggage at the station, go up the Brienzer Rothorn (included in the Swiss Peak Pass) and back to Brienz. Then by boat to Interlaken and by train to Grindelwald.
    3. Day 3: Jungfraujoch in the morning. By train to Zermatt.
    4. Day 4: Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn in the morning. Then by train to Geneva airport.

Of course this is all quite tight, and you have to hope for clear weather for the mountain excursions. If that works out, you will see a lot of beautiful Swiss scenery in a few days. You could replace Zermatt for Saas-Fee and visit the Allalin because that’s included for free in your Swiss Peak Pass.

Click on the town links above and go to the Hotel section for our hotel suggestions. Or alternatively, see here. Also there’s this planning guide that is very useful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2014 at 20:56:34 #840776

Dear Annika,

Thank you very much for this wonderful suggestion, I am trying to plan accordingly. One question, do I need to buy/book the tickets to Jungfraujoch in advance? If I buy the pass to use it on 12 August and I decide to go on 14 August, is it possible? or it should be used only on that specific day?

Arno
    15482 posts
    6 August 2014 at 10:26:49 #840777

Hello Shanta,

You don’t need to buy in advance but you can. If you buy through the links at the ticket page, the ticket will be open dated, so not tied to a specific day. They may ask for a travel date but that’s only the first day you can use it.

• The thread ‘4 days Swiss Alps visit from Paris_Need suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.