The Stanserhorn is a mountain of 1850 m near Lake Lucerne. It has a panoramic restaurant and several hiking opportunities. The top is accessible by funicular and cable car from April-May to November.
The forum allows you to post your questions and discuss your plans.
Attraction type: Natural site, Mountain top, By cable car
Escort: independent (no guide)
Region: Lake Lucerne (Central Switzerland)
Duration: 1 day or less
A trip to the Stanserhorn
The Stanserhorn can be reached from the village of Stans, where you take the funicular and the cable car up the mountain. The cable car, called CabriO, has two decks. The upper deck is open and offers a great opportunity to take pictures.
What to expect at Stanserhorn
- A wide view unfolds at the top. You can see the Pilatus and Lake Lucerne in the north, and the Bernese Alps in the south.
- The panoramic restaurant 'Rondorama' has a section with a revolving floor, allowing you to view the 360° panorama in 45 minutes without leaving your seat. Regular seats are available too. On Fridays and Saturdays you can have romantic candlelight dinners here. The last cable car ride down is around 11 pm.
- You can make a 30-minute walk to the summit, but Stanserhorn is also the starting point for much longer hikes into the valley.
- There's a small mountain marmot zoo where you can watch the animals up close.
- You can book a thrilling tandem paragliding flight from the top to the valley. You'll land near Stans.
- A designated "lazy zone" at the top allows you to relax and take in the panorama from comfortable lounge chairs.
Check the weather forecast to make sure it will be clear enough to enjoy the views from Stanserhorn. Make sure you dress appropriately: it can be cold and windy at the top. If you plan to hike, please read these hiking tips.