4 days Swiss Travel Pass Combi for 6 days 5 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 22:24:02 #807850

Hi there,

First and foremost, I’m truly blessed to find this informative website. Thanks a lot Arno & Annika for creating this good platform for the newbies like me especially when planning the first trip to Switzerland.

I managed to find a good deal from the link given to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass Combi for 4 Days.

Having said that, my itinerary are as follow:-

Day 1 Travel from Milan to Spiez via Train ( overnight at Spiez )

Day 2 Spiez to Griendelwald ( overnight at Griendelwald )

Day 3 Visit Jungfraujoch ( overnight at Griendelwald )

Day 4 Griendelwald to Lucerne ( overnight at Lucerne )

Day 5 Lucerne to Basel ( overnight at Basel )

Day 6 Basel to London ( via flight )

Appreciate if you could enlighten me the following point:

1) The Combi 4 Days simply means I have 4 Days Free Travel and 1 Day usage of Half Fare Card. Yes/No?

2)Can I use the Swiss Travel Pass for Day 1, Day 2, Day 4 & Day 5 that covers under Free Travel?

3) The Half Fare Card will be used in Day 3 when I’m plan to visit Jungfraujoch by purchasing the return ticket from Grindelwald in order to enjoy the 50% discount.

Thanking you in advance for the advise.

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    31 August 2015 at 6:18:05 #845819

Thanks for joining us, Kimball! Glad to hear MySwissAlps has been a useful resource.

Your assumptions about the Swiss Travel Pass Flex are right. You can use your 4 free travel days for day 1, 2, 4 and 5, and use the day with 50% (that is, the “Swiss Half Fare Card”-part of your pass) for your Jungfraujoch trip on day 3. It’s also explained at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/howt ouse.

Just another tip that happens to cross my mind: you can indeed buy a return ticket GrindelwaldJungfraujoch, but there’s an alternative: travel down via Wengen and Lauterbrunnen instead and then head back for Grindelwald via Zweilütschinen. Details can be found at our Jungfraujoch page and in the timetable. It will be a bit more expensive, but it’s a gorgeous rond trip allowing you to see more of this stunning region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2015 at 0:02:59 #845820

Hi Annika,

Thank you for your swift reply and a great suggestion that I definitely will give a try.

Cheers

• The thread ‘4 days Swiss Travel Pass Combi for 6 days 5 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.