4 Days trip in September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2015 at 20:47:34 #807348

Hi All,

I am planing four day trip in September first week starting from 03 ending on 07 Sep. What do you this September is good time or I have to choose any other month. Please advise suitable time.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    4 June 2015 at 4:49:18 #843634

The first two weeks of September are usually the best time to visit the Bernese Oberland.

Where are you going?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2015 at 11:43:35 #843635

Thanks Kim. I am planing for Interlaken, Jungfrau, Lucerne/Trummelbanch. Is September first week is favourable time to visit. I heared September is raint season.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    4 June 2015 at 14:46:55 #843636

First two weeks of September are usually the driest of the year with nice warm (not hot) temperatures. Usually perfect.

In four days you would be best served picking one base, either Lucern or the Jungfrau region. It takes 3 hours each way by train to get between the two regions which is too far for a day trip. Look at the car-free mountain villages above Lauterbrunnen — Wengen and Mürren — for the best bases in that region. Interlaken is a soul-less transportation hub with little to recommend it other than it’s easy to get away from.

See this series of posts for more information on the region. http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2015 at 15:38:19 #843637

Thanks Kim. You provided helpful information. I already have booked my air tickets to basel. What you prefare for base to stay Interlaken, Jongfrau or lucern.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    4 June 2015 at 16:39:24 #843638

Definitely not Interlaken. See post above.

I prefer Wengen as a base. It is a car-free village up in the alps. Lucerne is a city. A nice city. But you can go to cities anywhere in the world. You can’t go to the alps anywhere in the world

• The thread ‘4 Days trip in September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.