5 day trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 4:35:07 #804945

Hi, my wife and I will be visiting Switzerland for a period of 5 days from 19th May to 23rd May and then travelling onward to Vienna.
    I intend to buy the 4 day Swiss Flexi pass for my stay in Switzerland and also avail of the current 2 for 1 offer. I have a couple of queries which I am hoping that you could address. Thanks in advance.
    Will be arriving in Zurich on the 19th of May and moving on to Geneva on the same day. Will my Swiss Flexi pass cover the trip to Geneva?
    On the 20th we will be taking a day trip to JungFrau. I expect the route to be from Geneva to Interlaken and then onward to Jungfrau. What part of this journey would be free (covered by my swiss pass) and what would be the cost involved for the balance of the journey (return)
    On the 21st we will be taking a day trip to Zermatt. I expect the route from Geneva to be via Visp. Again what part of this journey would be free (covered by the Swiss pass) and what would be the cost involved for the “non-free” part of the journey.
    On the 22nd we plan to take a day trip to Annecy by bus. This will be the day that we wont be using our pass.
    23rd May – we have a 10am flight to board from Zurich. We plan to take the morning train from Geneva to Zurich. Is this doable or would you suggest that we reach Zurich a night before ie the 22nd?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    26 February 2012 at 6:13:08 #834959

Hi Joseph,

The 2 for 1 offer indeed suits like a good fit for your plans. You can download a network map from the Swiss Flexi Pass page. That allows you to see what’s included. In short: all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland are included, and most mountain transport is reduced by 50% (Jungfrau: 25%). The prices for the Jungfrau Railways can be found on their website.

With such an early flight from Zurich, I would personally not take the risk of being delayed and book an hotel in Zurich or close to Zurich airport. The timetable allows you to check how early you should depart from Geneva if you want to spend the night there.

You may want to take a look at our pages about Geneva and Zermatt as well.

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 0:31:26 #834960

Hello,
    the map that you attached was most helpful. Perusing through the same I gather that the return journey from Zurich to Geneva as well as the trip from Geneva to Zermatt would be covered by the Swiss Flexi Pass. I would however appreciate it if you could confirm the same for me.
    Cheers!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 February 2012 at 7:13:20 #834961

Hello Joseph,

Your Swiss Flexi Pass will cover the legs you mentioned, no problem!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 7:16:21 #834962

Wow! thats just pefect. Thanks for your help.
    Really appreciate it 🙂

• The thread ‘5 day trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.