5 days Tell pass summer for Golden Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 16:45:51 #814619

Hi,

Please see below my final itinerary for our Swiss trip on 1st week of April ’18:

Day 1: Arrived Zurich airport from UK, explore Zurich until afternoon, proceed to Lucerne accomodation.

Day 2: Lucerne – explore Lucerne town and Lake for the day.

Day 3: Mount Titlis

Day 4: Golden Pass, Lucerne to Montreux, stay in Montreux a couple of hours then back to Lucerne via Lausanne

Day 5: Arth-Goldau to Mount Rigi to Vitznau, Vitznau to Lucerne by boat. (as suggested by someone in my previous thread).

Day 6: Mount Pilatus

Day 7: Lucerne to Zurich Airport

My question is: Are all the places I mentioned above (except Zurich) all covered by a Tell Pass? I doubt Lausanne is covered? If Lausanne is not, so I have to use the same Golden pass line back to Lucerne?.

What I am thinking is to get a 4 day Tell Pass instead of a 4 day Swiss travel pass since it is cheaper. Is this possible?

Kind Regards.

ogiboy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 17:26:21 #877752

Sorry, subject should be 4 day Tell Pass summer.

Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 17:30:50 #877753

Hi Ogiboy,

You’ll need to the the Summer Tell Pass in April.

The Tell Pass won’t cover the Golden Pass trip in either direction. It will get you as far as Interlaken Ost station (part of that route) but from there on to Montreux (via Zweisimmen) you’ll need to buy a ticket (same of course for Lausanne back to Lucerne).

You can see a PDF map of the routes covered by the Tell Pass here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 17:38:42 #877754

Yes, I think you edited the title as I hit reply on my post! 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 17:48:11 #877755

Hi Lucas,

Yes, I did.

Ah ok, I was confused because the link you gave, on the right hand side “How the map works”, it says Golden Pass is included.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 18:01:57 #877756

Yes part of the route is discounted and part of it is not. 🙂

• The thread ‘5 days Tell pass summer for Golden Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.