What to do in 5 days 4 nights in Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 2:42:41 #808652

I plan to visit Zermatt in mid April 2016 for 5 Days 4 Nights.

Arriving in the afternoon on the first day and leave to Zurich airport in the afternoon on the last day.

Appreciate some suggestion on the itinerary.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

lkdf62
    Participant
    41 posts
    19 March 2016 at 21:20:53 #849522

Hi Ollie66,

You didn’t mention your interests but I think I can assume that you will want to hike around the area. Well, you have chosen wisely when you chose Zermatt! The choices are probably the most abundant, and diverse in the… world? The weather in April is changeable and it is in transition from late winter to early spring. Of course the must see is the Matterhorn and the chances of cloudy and overcast is high during these transition periods in the seasons. Depending on how much snow fell this winter some trails will not be accessible because of snow but the mountain cableways and railways should be in-service barring any closures for maintenance. Skiing may still be an option for you.

Visit the link below to get more information and come back to the forum if you have more questions.

http://www.zermatt.ch/en

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 March 2016 at 7:58:34 #849523

Hi Ollie66,

Additionally these activity suggestions may be useful too: myswissalps.com/ zermatt/activities. If you have a wish list you can plan by the day based on the weather as explained by lkdf62.

• The thread ‘What to do in 5 days 4 nights in Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.