6D5N Zurich & Lucerne, affordable hotel?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2015 at 13:00:22 #807901

Hi,

I am planning to visit Zurich in Dec tentatively on 25th Dec for about a week. At the moment I am still not sure where to go and what to do. And at the same time I am still looking for an affordable hotel for a family of six. Appreciate if someone can give some advice or tips. Tq

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 September 2015 at 15:14:30 #846019

Hi Fandi,

Welcome to our website! What are your interests? Shopping, mountain tops, scenic trains, winter sports, museums, something else? Do you plan to stay in Zurich for the whole week and do day trips from there? Do you intend to travel by train?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2015 at 3:01:02 #846020

Thanks Arno for the reply.

Actually, our interest is more towards shopping and scenery. And about our stay, we dont actually know what is the best options for us. And besides train, which other options that suitable for first timer like us.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2015 at 6:27:18 #846021

Scenery wise Lucerne would be a better choice than Zurich. You can shop in Lucerne, and if you want more you can take a train to Zurich (one hour). Hotels and tips about activities can be found on our Lucerne page. If you need more hotel suggestions, please let me know whether Lucerne seems to be a good base for you, and what your budget is.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2015 at 8:02:57 #846022

Any suggestion for 3-4 star hotels in Zurich and Lucerne that is closed to the town centre for a family of 6 (5 adults + 1 child).

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2015 at 9:35:59 #846023

Hi Fandi,

Have you had a look at our Zurich and Lucerne pages? The list of recommended hotels there includes a few that may suit your needs:

All of them are close to or in the centre, and at walking distance from the rail station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2015 at 14:33:02 #846024

Hi Arno,

This is the latest. I will arrive at Zurich airport on the 24th Dec at 640 pm and will fly back home on the 1st Jan at 9pm from Zurich airport. Appreciate if you can propose what would be the best holiday plan for my family. Plan to stay in Zurich and Lucerne. Tq

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 September 2015 at 11:36:23 #846025

Hi Fandi,

How to plan is explained here, and activity suggestions can be found on the Zurich and Lucerne pages. Please feel free to post your plans here for feedback.

• The thread ‘6D5N Zurich & Lucerne, affordable hotel?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.