7 Days in Switzerland; train passes and tips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2016 at 20:56:39 #808441

Hi. My husband and I are travelling to Switzerland mid May. I was looking at Swiss Travel Pass Flex as we are not travelling consecutive days.

We fly into Milan and will be catching a train to Tirano where we will stay 1 night.

St Moritz for 2 nights

Zermatt for 2 nights

Grindelwald for 1 night (visit to Jungfraujoch)

Interlaken for 1 night then to Basel

Could I have some suggestions for excursions and train passes please.

Thanks Glenis

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 February 2016 at 9:35:58 #848533

Thanks for joining us Glenis!

I would expect an 8-day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass to be more convenient and cheaper. Even though you don’t have a town to town transfer everyday, you will most probably do day trips either by train or cable car. You would pay the full price for those with a Swiss Travel Pass Flex. An alternative is the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, but in reality the Swiss Travel Pass works out cheaper for 90% of the travelers. You can verify that by listing all of your plans and doing the math.

I’d recommend to stay 2 nights in Grindelwald (my preference) or in Interlaken. These towns are only 30 minutes apart and you’ll loose quite some time changing hotels.

For excursion ideas, please see our St. Moritz, Zermatt, Grindelwald pages.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2016 at 4:24:47 #848534

Thanks Arno and Annika for your advise. We look forward to our trip in May.

Cheers Glenis

• The thread ‘7 Days in Switzerland; train passes and tips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.