Suggestions for 7 days Lucerne & Wengen?

• Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    16 May 2018 at 9:28:55 #816010

Hi,

I am planning for a 7 day Switzerland trip in June. Please find the itinerary below.

Day 1 – Will arrive in Geneva by 11.30 am. Train to Lucerne. Hotel check in. Visit Lake Luzern & surroundings.

Day 2 – Visit Mt.Titlis by Train. (Lucerne to Engelberg to Titlis)

Day 3 – Goto Riggi(Lucerne – Vitznau by Train and then a coggle train to Rigi). After coming back visit old town.

Day 4 – Leave Luzern and reach Wengen by Train and explore Wengen.

Day 5 – Visit Jungfraujoch.

Day 6 – Visit Interlaken? Mannlichen ? Staubbach falls? Trummelbach falls? (Not preferring to visit another mountain top)

Day 7 – Arrive in Zurich at 10am. Return to Paris by Train at 1.30pm. (Where to go for 4 hours in Zurich?)

I need help for the below:

1 – I am very much confused about Day 6. Please suggest me the best option.

2 – What to do inside Wengen? Explore the city by walk or should I rent a motorbike to explore the town or ??

3 – What to do in Zurich for 4 hours? Explore the city by walk or any other locations(not interested in Rhine falls)

Please let me know whether my Itinerary is ok or do I need to make any amendments?

I am travelling with my wife and 4 year old kid.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 17:51:19 #885406

Hi Imtiahamed and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You could walk along the Lauterbrunnen Valley to Stechelberg and see Trummelbach and Staubbach falls – a nice easy walk. Another alternative could be to take a Lake Thun boat cruise.
    2. No need or possibility to rent a motorbike. I:t is a very small village and while hilly, nice to explore by foot. Other activities near Wengen are noted here.
    3. Zurich activities noted here – we have a walking tour of the city listed on that link that could work well for you.
    Arno
    15484 posts
    16 May 2018 at 18:44:43 #885407

Hello Imtiahamed,

Do want to visit Zurich or do you just go there to catch the train to Paris? You can board the same train in Basel, which is the more direct route if you’re coming from Wengen. If you want to visit Zurich it’s only a small detour on your way from Geneva to Lucerne. For details, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable and http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 23:49:03 #885408

>> 2 – What to do inside Wengen? Explore the city by walk or should I rent a motorbike to explore the town or ??

Wengen is car-free, and that includes motor bikes.

It’s a small village, and easy to walk around. There is a lookout in Wengen that you should not miss. For directions and a photo of the view, please see my post of Feb 20, 2018 – 12:28 PM at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/3-nights-itnry-which-travel-pass-pays-off

Alpenrose

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    17 May 2018 at 11:04:13 #885409

Thanks for your reply Lucas.

1 – I feel Trummelbach is much better than and Staubbach falls. What do you think of it?

2 – Noted.

3 – To be more specific what I can do/where I can visit for the 4 hours? Also I will have a big suitcase can I keep it in the Train station?

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    17 May 2018 at 11:14:24 #885410

Thanks for replying Arno,

I am going to Zurich just to catch the Train to Paris.(I have already booked the Ticket).

I booked from Zurich bcoz the prices were cheap from Zurich.

Suggest what I can do in Zurich for 4 hours?

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    17 May 2018 at 11:28:29 #885411

Thanks Alphenrose.

Thats really a nice info. Surely will try this.

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    17 May 2018 at 11:29:49 #885412

Guys can I include anything else in my itinerary? Any suggestions?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 18:22:16 #885413

I haven’t been to Trummelbach but it is a larger area (plus you must pay to access it). You’ll get a choice to see both on the walk to Stechelberg (you will walk by Staubbach anyway).

You can easily do the self-walking tour I noted if you like. You’ll explore the old town of Zurich and see a couple of quite impressive churches: Grossmünster and Fraumünster as well as Lake Zurich. Is there something you’d like to see or do in Zurich?

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    19 May 2018 at 10:31:53 #885414

Yes the self walking tour looks good. Will try that.

Imtiahamed
    Participant
    7 posts
    20 May 2018 at 8:34:16 #885415

Is there any Luggage room in Zurich HB where I can place my luggage?

I will be carrying 2 handbags and one 20 kg suitcase.

Could you please help me on this?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 17:07:19 #885416

Yes, there are lockers at Zurich main station you can store your bags for the day.

They removed information on locker sizing and pricing on their website (no idea why) but they will be big enough for most suitcases and cost about 7chf (bring coins).

• The thread ‘Suggestions for 7 days Lucerne & Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.