7 days trip to Switzerland(first time.. need help)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2012 at 8:01:09 #805428

Dear MSA members and moderators,
    I am planning a 7 day trip to Switzerland with my wife on 31st August upto 7th Sept.
    We will be landing in Zurich on 31st morning and leaving geneva on 7th afternoon or late morning.
    I have searched too much on internet with trip advisor and MSA.com and other related websites.
    We basically want to spend two nights in Lucerne, 3 in wengen/lauterbrunnen and 2 in montreux.
    I am looking for the best day trips which involves moderate hiking, lake cruise, mountains, waterfalls, caves, glaciers, museums and castles etc.
    I know places like Titlis, pilatus, Jungfraujoch, schillon, grindelwald etc would be nice.
    Please help me as I have so little time (my boss sucks) and I want to visit everywhere.
    only day trips help is required but if any suggestion regarding change of base, its welcome.
    first flier and toboganning are also on our list with some paragliding.
    We are gona buy swiss pass for 8 days so that will cover most of it.
    I am really confused so I cry out to you people to please help me with this.
    Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
    Hardeep

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    10 July 2012 at 6:52:43 #836606

Hi Hardeep, and welcome to the forum. Since you’re traveling in September, you can use the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass (you could buy two sets to cover September 1 to 7) or the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (with a first fee travel day on Sept 1, and the last free travel day on Sept 7). Even though you can’t use your pass on September 31 yet, I think this offer will be cheaper than a regular 8 day Swiss Saver Pass. If you head for Lucerne on August 31 and don’t travel a lot more than that, you won’t have to pay that much for regular full fare tickets that day. If you want to calculate which option is best, these guidelines may be of help.

I would recommend a boat trip combined with a visit to Rigi (both for free with a Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass), Pilatus and a visit to the town centre while in Lucerne. Titlis is beautiful too, but requires more traveling time and you’ll already have a pretty full schedule. The day trip overview for the Bernese Oberland lists activities near Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. Bad weather alternatives can be found here too. As for Montreux: a visit to the Chateau de Chillon is worth your time. You can also make a boat trip over the lake or visit viewing point Rochers-de-Naye.

The timetable will help you plan your trips. Hotels can be found in this hotel overview.

Does this get you started?

• The thread ‘7 days trip to Switzerland(first time.. need help)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.