Jun 16, 2016 - 7:02 AM
Me and my wife are planning to tour Switzerland from September 12 to September 19, traveling on 8 days Swiss Travel Passes. Our tentative itinerary is;
- Starting on Sep. 12 morning, from Tirano (Italy) to St. Moritz on Bernina Express and Ist night stay there.
- Next day from St. Moritz to Andermatt on Glacier Express, and continuing our journey from Andermatt to Lucerne via Fluelen on some other train(s).
- Plan to stay for the rest of our holidays (6 Nights) in Lucerne/Interlaken and traveling extensively from there to;
- Zurich-Schaffhausen- Rhine falls
- One day travel on Golden Pass Line up to Montreux
- One day travel on Wilhelm-tell Express up to Locarno
- Our final travel would be from Interlaken - Brig - Domodossola (Italy?) - Locarno-Lugano-Chiasso (Italy) and from there to Milan (of course not on STP) to catch our return flight in the evening.
- In between we would like to travel some nearby places like Mureen, Pilatus and Engelberg etc.
Now my questions are:
1) My biggest concern is about the weather in this time of the year. Is it advisable to take such an extensive tour of Switzerland in these dates? Will it be too cold , (except Jungfrau), cloudy and rainy these days? Will it always be cloudy on Top of the Europe or we may find some clear day in between to visit there?
2) Is this itinerary is too ambitious or doable in 8 days?
3) Do some local/regional trains run on the routes of Wilhelm-tell Express and Bernina Express?
4) Any suggestions regarding our routes (some exclusions/inclusions) would be much appreciated
Note: we are early risers to start our days early and love traveling more other than any other activities.