8 days to Switzerland in June – suggestions please

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 18:16:41 #814271

Hello all,

I will be travelling to Switzerland with my Parents(Age65+) & 2 Kids (Age 5 & 10) in June’18 , Total 4 Adults & 2 Kids. I have made an Itinerary to the best of my knowledge & research. Request your inputs to make it better. I am making my Accommodation booking through AirBnB. Thanks a ton in Advance..

Day 1 & 2 – Paris & Disneyland

Day 3 – Paris to Zermatt. Local town visit. (Night stay at Zermatt)

Day 4 – Gonergrat . (Night Stay at Zermatt)

Day 5 – Zermatt to Interlaken. Local Sight seeing / Harder Kulm. (Night @Interlaken)

Day 6 – Grindelwald – Jungfrau – KS – Wengen – Lauterbrunnen . (Night @Interlaken)

Day 7 – Interlaken – Golden Pass Exp – Zwesmen – Montreux & Back. (Night @Interlaken)

Day 8 – Interlaken – Lucerne – Titlis / Boat ride – Interlaken. (Night @Interlaken)

Day 9 – Undecided… May be Lucerne / Pilatus / River cruise Interlaken-Thun . (Night @Interlaken)

Day 10 – Interlaken – Zurich – Rhine Falls – Zurich city

Return Flight at 10 PM

Thanks & Regards..

AD Singh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 20:41:25 #875806

Hi AD Singh, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your itinerary looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Day 7 will be a very long day. You could also travel from Zermatt to Montreux on day 5, and then take the Golden Pass to Interlaken. This way you free up day 7 for a boat trip on Lake Thun.

On day 8 and 9 I would stay in Lucerne rather than Interlaken. It’s easier to visit Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis from Lucerne and the city is much nicer than Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 5:28:25 #875807

Thanks Chantal..

But while moving from Zermatt to to Montreux (as suggested by you) on day 5, we would also be having our luggage with us. I dont know how feasible would that route be.

Plus, I had actually planned to keep my keep my base fixed at Interlaken, as we would be accompanied by our elderly parents also. But is it necessary to shift the base to Lucerne to visit Pilatus and Titlis. How feasible is it to visit these keeping Interlaken as base. And should we visit Pilatus & Titlis both, as we would be visiting Gonergrat and Jungfrau also. Or any one of Pilatus & Titlis.

Also, Pls suggest if it is possible to visit both Rhine falls & Zurich on last day, while leaving from Interlaken / Lucerne. Our flight back is at 10 PM.

Thanks again..

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 7:33:49 #875808

Hi ADSingh,

It is possible to visit either Mt. Pilatus or Mt. Titlis from Interlaken but it ends up being about 3 hours each way. I wouldn’t try and visit both mountains either – I think one would be sufficient. The Rheinfalls can work also – it is a little over an hour from Zurich airport.

You should check the Swiss railways timetable to see if the length of those trips and others are agreeable for you and your family.

• The thread ‘8 days to Switzerland in June – suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.