8 Days Travel in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2014 at 7:56:27 #806468

Hi :

We are 2 families with 4 adults and 4 children (all < 16 years old). We are planning to stay in Switzerland for whole 8 days in July. Just wondering to buy 8 days Swiss Pass or Half-Fare Pass, but I’m confused there are so many combinations (Swiss Pass, Swiss Saver Pass, Mountain Pass, …). Our trip plan as the following :

Day 1 : Landed at Zurich, go to Luzern for the Pilatus Golden round trip and Luzern city tour. Then go to Bern and stay for the 2 days.

Day 2 : Bern city tour around old town and river, Rosengarten, bear land …

Day 3 : Go to Zermatt and have the tour to Gornergrat, then have hiking from Rotenboden to Riffelberg. Stay in Zermatt hotel.

Day 4 : Go to Trockener and back to Furi, have hiking from Furi back to Zermatt. Stay at Zermatt.

Day 5-6 : Go to Interlaken and bound for Jungfrau area including Grindelwald/ Jungfrau/ Wegen/ Murren/ Klein Scheidegg and some hiking around (roughly, not very precisely). Stay at Interlaken.

Day 7 : Go back to Zurich for some shopping and city tour. Stay at Zurich hotel. (Maybe another lake tour around.)

Day 8 : Another city tour, and take the late plane back.

My question is : Which way is the best suitable for our trip ? (Swiss Pass or Half-Fare Pass)

(I know the children can benefit from Swiss Family Card, but how about the Pilatus Golden round trip ?

and Jungfrau ? Do we need to buy tell-pass or something like that ?) Any comment or suggestion is welcome.

(I know I can have a calculation but time is tight for me and uncertain about the combination of passes.)

Thanks !

Martin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    27 June 2014 at 11:55:49 #840320

Hi Martin, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can buy a 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for the adults. The free travel days can be used for the longer transfers on day 1, 3, 5 and 7. You don’t need tickets on these days. On the other days, you can purchase discounted tickets. Please see here for a full explanation of the pass, prices, etc.

An alternative is the 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for the adults, which would be more convenient as you have free traveling on all days. Please see here for all details.

In both cases, you can order along a free Swiss Family Card, allowing the children to travel along for free everywhere, including the Pilatus, Jungfrau, etc.

Indeed, the calculation is the only way to be 100% sure about the travel expenses, but I hope I have helped making a choice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2014 at 4:51:44 #840321

Hi, Annika :

Many thanks to your prompt reply and kind suggestion, I will have a calculation and decide to book the tickets before my trip. Cheers !

Martin Chang

• The thread ‘8 Days Travel in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.