9 days Titlis, Jungfrau, Golden Pass, Glacier Exp.

• abdul_qadir
    Participant
    26 posts
    24 November 2018 at 17:43:45 #819011

Hi all,

I am planning to visit Switzerland with my wife in April 2019. We are visiting Europe for the first time. Below is the itinerary that I have planned for our trip.

13th April: Arrive at Basel around 4 PM. Take train to Lucerne.

14th April: Excursion to Mt. Titlis and boat trip of Lake Lucerne after that.

15th April: Take Goldenpass from Lucerne to Interlaken.

16th April: Excursion to Jungfraoh top of Europe. Visit Grindelwald on the way back.

17th April: Take Goldenpass from Interlaken to Montreux and do excursion of Glacier 3000.

18th April: Take train from Montreux to Zermatt and do excursion of Matterhorn Glacier Paradise.

19th April: Take Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz.

20th April: Take train from St. Moritz to Zurich. Do a city tour in Zurich.

21st April: Take return flight from Zurich at 12:30 PM.

Below are my questions:

1. How does the plan look? Is it too much or too less?

2. I have included 4 excursions – Mt. Titlis, Jungfrau top, Glacier 3000 and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Are these 4 places too similar? Will it be too repetitive if I visit all of them?

3. I am booking my flights, hotels and buying a Swiss travel pass in advance before visiting Switzerland. Should I buy packages to the excursions before hand too? Or will I be able to buy them on the day of the excursion as well?

4. This is a continuation question of the above one. Is it better to buy excursion packages to places like Titlis, Jungfrau online? Or will I be able to buy them on the spot of the excursion?

5. Should I add or remove anything in my plan? For example I know I am missing out on taking Bernina express, visiting Rhine falls and spending time in the city centers. But what can I replace these with in my plan?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 November 2018 at 20:57:45 #899469

Hi Abdul, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

1. It is a lot of moving around, which is fine to get a quick taste of Switzerland and see a lot in little time. The only risk you’re taking is the weather, as you can’t shift your excursions to good weather days. So hopefully you’ll get clear skies on those days.

2. I find them very different and all beautiful. But this depends on who you ask.

3./4. For hotel suggestions, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels. For Swiss Travel Pass purchase options, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. The excursion tickets do not need to be purchased in advance. You can buy your tickets online if you are sure you will do a particular excursion on a particular day. For ticket information, please see:

5. I think your plans are good if you are ok with the amount of traveling and if you’ve picked your personal top attractions. Switzerland offers enough to see for many holidays, so you can’t see everything in one visit anyway 🙂 Here’s a long list of things to do and see: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities.

abdul_qadir
    Participant
    26 posts
    25 November 2018 at 3:22:44 #899470

Thanks for the quick reply Arno. It is really helpful.

I do realize I am traveling a lot, but I want to cover as much as possible in the few days I have. I am hoping the awesome Swiss train system will make it easy.

One more question – how should I commute from my hotel to train stations and vice versa if I am carrying all my luggage? And weather that commute is covered by Swiss travel pass or not?

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 November 2018 at 10:56:05 #899471

You’re welcome Abdul! I’m sure you’ll like the trains. A lot of Swiss towns are small enough to explore on foot. You can often pick from many hotels very close to the train station. Our hotel pages, and particular this page will help you with that: http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/railstations. If you do need public transport then that’s included in the Swiss Travel Pass in almost all cases: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

abdul_qadir
    Participant
    26 posts
    25 November 2018 at 11:28:54 #899472

Thanks again Arno.

MySwissAlps is extremely comprehensive about giving information on almost everything in Switzerland. And the people are amazing at helping in the forums. Kudos!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 1:25:29 #899473

There are four important things to do in Swiss. Mountains, Trains, Lake rides and trekking. Interlaken is such a beautiful place. I would suggest you to stay and enjoy Interlaken for atleast two days. Probably near the lake side.

abdul_qadir
    Participant
    26 posts
    26 November 2018 at 7:07:16 #899474

Thanks for your suggestion Preethy. I actually did book a place in Interlaken right beside the lake Brienz 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2018 at 7:08:32 #899475

Great! That’s a lovely location.

• The thread ‘9 days Titlis, Jungfrau, Golden Pass, Glacier Exp.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.