I am planning to visit Switzerland with my wife in April 2019. We are visiting Europe for the first time. Below is the itinerary that I have planned for our trip.
13th April: Arrive at Basel around 4 PM. Take train to Lucerne.
14th April: Excursion to Mt. Titlis and boat trip of Lake Lucerne after that.
15th April: Take Goldenpass from Lucerne to Interlaken.
16th April: Excursion to Jungfraoh top of Europe. Visit Grindelwald on the way back.
17th April: Take Goldenpass from Interlaken to Montreux and do excursion of Glacier 3000.
18th April: Take train from Montreux to Zermatt and do excursion of Matterhorn Glacier Paradise.
19th April: Take Glacier express from Zermatt to St. Moritz.
20th April: Take train from St. Moritz to Zurich. Do a city tour in Zurich.
21st April: Take return flight from Zurich at 12:30 PM.
Below are my questions:
1. How does the plan look? Is it too much or too less?
2. I have included 4 excursions - Mt. Titlis, Jungfrau top, Glacier 3000 and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Are these 4 places too similar? Will it be too repetitive if I visit all of them?
3. I am booking my flights, hotels and buying a Swiss travel pass in advance before visiting Switzerland. Should I buy packages to the excursions before hand too? Or will I be able to buy them on the day of the excursion as well?
4. This is a continuation question of the above one. Is it better to buy excursion packages to places like Titlis, Jungfrau online? Or will I be able to buy them on the spot of the excursion?
5. Should I add or remove anything in my plan? For example I know I am missing out on taking Bernina express, visiting Rhine falls and spending time in the city centers. But what can I replace these with in my plan?