9 oclock travel card for half fare card tourists

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 8:26:45 #808770

hi. i would be travelling to switzerland on 10th may for 6 days. the swiss travel card for 8 days is too expensive when considering that it gets only 25% discount on jungfraujoch.

i have already considered buying the ‘swiss half fare card’ online with print at home option. now the question is regarding the “special 9 o’clock travel pass” for the half fare travelcard.

Would i be eligible for purchasing and using this special 9 o’clock travel pass with my swiss half fare card? or “swiss half fare card” is totally different than “swiss half fare travelcard”?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    31 March 2016 at 9:32:28 #850096

Hi pankajm,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You can indeed buy the 9 o’clock travelpass if you own the Swiss Half Fare Card for tourists. This only pays off if you plan to travel a lot on one day. Please note that this will not cover the entire trip to Jungfraujoch. The 9 o’clock travelpass covers the trip for free until Wengen and Grindelwald, just like the Swiss Travel Pass does. After that you will get a 50% discount, or 25% if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. The price difference for that trip is CHF 44.25.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 12:32:15 #850097

hi. thanks a lot for your guidance.

i was planning to buy the 29 chf special 9 o’clock pass for some of my days when i would be travelling enough to spend more than 29 chf using my half fare card. eg from zurich airport to zermatt on day one (which would cost me 50 chf after supersaver reductions) and i could use those electric transport systems in zermatt.

i hope that the information you gave me is 100% correct and i wont be stumped by any ticket checkers in switzerland… 😉

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 March 2016 at 12:43:45 #850098

No worries, it’s correct. And you can always double check and ask the staff when you purchase the 9 o’clock travelpass.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘9 oclock travel card for half fare card tourists’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.