A day in Montreux and then to Lauterbrunnen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2019 at 14:26:02 #820017

We are coming from Zermatt and we plan to reach Montreaux for a day and shall reach around 2/3 pm by train. Next day we wish to travel to places around Lauterbrunnen, wengen , Mürren , Schilthorn etc. and spend 2 nights there. My question is:

what and how can I do sightseeing in Montreaux in a day and plan to stay near station only. Was interested in Chilion Castle and Cruise in Geneva lake.

Or instead of spending a day here I should spend more time in Lauterbrunnen around as 2 days might not be sufficient.

I also plan to go to Lucerne and Mt Pilatus etc. and in my earlier part I have already done Glacier and Bernina express with my 8 day STP.

So in brief is it worth while to go towards Montreaux and spend time there. Is the Golden Pass line free for STP holders. Thanks and regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2019 at 20:01:43 #904622

Hi Kiran

Montreux is very beautiful and you are right in wanting to go there! However you will need a good day to see Chillon castle, walk along the lake front, and take a cruise on lake Geneva. Your trip is doable but if you arrive at 2-3pm you would need the next full day in my view to do it properly as the castle alone would require a couple of hours to visit.

The best way to see if you can accommodate all the sites you want to see is to check all the travel times on our timetable (this includes all public transport!): http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The Golden pass line is free for Swiss Travel Pass holders between Montreux and Lucerne, you can read more here: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets

Have a fantastic time whatever you decide!

Maria.

• The thread ‘A day in Montreux and then to Lauterbrunnen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.