3 nights to Switzerland in November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2016 at 3:40:16 #809987

Hi, I have a confirmed flight to zurich on 7th Nov 2016. Will be stopping for 3 nights before continuing my journey to Milan. Can anyone suggest, where can i go/visit during my short trips? I would love to experience the mountains n lakes. And also nature village. Tq

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2016 at 8:36:34 #855525

Hi

Would suggest to go to interlaken and do day trips from there to brienz via boat on lake brienz and aare gorge….a trip to jungfraouch…though not sure if its doable in november….or day in zurich for half day and rhinefalls, day 2 move on to st.moritz and day 3 do bernina route upto tirano either by bernina express or normal train..

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 August 2016 at 9:32:53 #855526

Hi Sitirz-

Welcome to My Swiss alps.

There is alot of helpful information available onthis site.

Go to the home page and check out “Where to go” and “What to do.”

“Getting started” is helpful, especially –

http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

You’ll find the Jungfrau region a poor choice in November. It is between seasons and many hotels restaurants and cableways will be closed. The cograil to Jungfraujoch will be running, however. If you choose to do that, check out the weather the day before. If you go up into a cloud, you won’t see much scenery, and the inside of a cloud becomes uninteresting rather quickly.

I’d consider Luzern as a base. More things to do and see there and on day trips. More facilities will be open. Short trip to Bern, for example, or Mt. Titlis.

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

The days are getting shorter then. Sunset is at around 5 PM. A benefit of November is that the tourist density is much reduced, compared to August.

Slowpoke

With luck, you could have a sunny day.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 August 2016 at 10:36:12 #855527

Note that the cableway to Mount Titlis is closed for maintenance from November 7 to 18. You’d best check the timetable for trips you intend to make as it’s low season, as mentioned above.

• The thread ‘3 nights to Switzerland in November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.